Daughter got an A and I got a new place to hunt

fliermartin

Sep 11, 2014
southeast wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ATgold and Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For my daughters science fair project I helped her set up a test to show the effects of mineralization on a metal detector. Her mother told me that when she was there 2/3 of the people observing the differant projects were hanging around hers and watching her presentation. that evevtualy got off trac when she was finding pins in somebodys leg and an other girls braces.I told her that since she has gone metal detecting with me several times it was probably easier for her to feel comfortable talking about it. Then a mother of one of her friends was telling me I could come out and detect in thier yard. She wants to see what I can find. She also told me she picked up what she thought was a quarter in the yard to find later that is was a large cent. I told her that I'd love to come out some time when the snow is gone and check things out. When what I was thinking is heck yea your picking up large cents in the yard without a detector. I can't wait to get a shot at that. here is to hoping that it will bring some nice finds to post I'll let you all know what comes of it.

Upvote 0

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good grief! That's awesome! I hope you find a small mint. :) It'll be fun for the family, too. Hopefully, they'll let you keep some of what you find!

Great story about the metal detector in the science fair... Lovely idea, that. I'm sure my son and his ACE 250 might make an appearance in the middle school science fair, now that the idea is there!

-Skippy

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic flier, I hope your daughter has inspired the next generation of treasure hunters.:thumbsup:

PS. Best of luck on your new hunting area also.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice promotion of our fun, family friendly and interesting hobby!
Well done!
Good luck on that up coming yard hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions