Las Vegas Detecting

TOWcritter

Hi All. I'll be in Vegas from Feb 28th till March 5th. Can anyone give a couple of hints as to locations around town (within an hour or less) to do a little nugget shooting with my new MXT? I will be able to do some detecting on Thursday and Friday during the day. Also, If anyone lives in the area and wants to show a newbie the ropes I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance. :o

Upvote 0

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
If the weather is warm, might try around the pool. Won't find much but may be some nice scenery! Just kidding. It's a big desert around there & it's not far out of town. Maybe look for any dry water ways. Good luck. Spotz

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Understand the "Gold Nugget" has a nice one from Australia. Maybe they'll let you check your settings with it. ;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of people go there and spend time in the desert instead of gambling. I know two or three couples where the women play the slots while the men go out to the desert and explore. I'm not sure what's out there other than a few houses of ill repute but that's not really the main attraction ....at least I don't think so! You might check with the local Sheriff's Office for information as to abandoned houses, claims, etc. If anykone knows they will.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread