Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the new gear. It should not take too long to get used to it. It is a really good machine. I think that your finds will increase in quality and quantity! GL&HH.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I got my new ATPro via UPS last night. Very exciting. Would be more exciting if it wasn't 4 degrees Fahrenheit with 4 feet of snow on the ground but still exciting. I'm going to put it together now and do some air tests against my ace 250 and see how that goes. Should be fun.:hello2:

Let us know how the air tests go, make sure both machines are at max sens when you test and same discrimination settings. Congrats on the AT Pro, its a nice machine you'll have plenty of fun with it.

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got mine 3 hours ago!!! Had -11 degrees this morning going to work, and 3 feet of snow out there on average i think..... Sunday should melt some of that white stuff though, supposed to be +40 degrees!!

Hondo

Jul 1, 2014
Midwest
Detector(s) used
AT- Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the fellas above, great machine and fairly easy to learn, I found a silver dime on my first outing with mine back in January. It is frustrating being socked in by the cold, but come spring you should be slamming the good finds. Enjoy!

OP
OP
rodarian

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, I did my air tests. Not $400 dollars extra, impressed. I'm getting, on an average, maybe 2" extra. I know that this is just an air test and there will be huge differences in separation and I'm looking forward to that part of this machine. I gotta say though, when it comes to a regular ol penny, they're neck and neck.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I did my air tests. Not $400 dollars extra, impressed. I'm getting, on an average, maybe 2" extra. I know that this is just an air test and there will be huge differences in separation and I'm looking forward to that part of this machine. I gotta say though, when it comes to a regular ol penny, they're neck and neck.

Was this at max sens Pro Zero ? My ACE 150 air tests at 9" on a quarter ,nickel and dime.

REDOC

Greenie
Jul 31, 2014
CA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 /GPX 4500 /Etrac / Garrett Pro-Pointer & Carrot / Ace 250 & 350 / 6000 Di Pro SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have both machines in one my man. 250 in standard mode and a beast in pro mode. I have gone over my 250 search area and pulled dimes 8-10" down the 250 never even bleeped on. You have the best of both worlds. If I have tight places I still use the 250 with the smaller coil, not wasting $$ on a smaller coil yet, will put it towards a Garrett waterproof pin pointer. Lot of water hunting coming up. Just my .5 sense with ~30 hours on the Pro I go Pro custom, Disc 0-28 or so. F2, freq., nothing notched out and GB -10 has been working good for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rodarian

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was this at max sens Pro Zero ? My ACE 150 air tests at 9" on a quarter ,nickel and dime.

It was one notch below max sensitivity. At full sensitivity, it was freaking out a bit. I'm sure that it was due to the house. I used pro zero and standard zero. I can tell you that i never got 9" with a dime from either machine, in any mode and a quarter maxed out at 11" in pro mode.

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Old coins create halo effects in the ground, making them easier to detect. You might find you get better depth with coins that have been in the dirt for 40 years. :) I know I've picked up 11" quarters on my ACE 350. And that is GROUND depth. My swinging added at least another 2 inches. I was just astonished at the depth. I couldn't get a read on the pinpointer until over 8" of material removed. I almost gave up, but was curious. I think its a combination of the halo and the right soil conditions (ground was moist). That quarter had probably been in the ground 30+ years, based on the location and depth. I pulled 4 coins that lunch-hour all over 9" ground-deep in a ball field field that had NO higher depth coins (had clearly been searched). The 11" one was the deepest, and I measured just to be sure!

Sadly, non were silver. All from 1967 and early 1970's.

It was one notch below max sensitivity. At full sensitivity, it was freaking out a bit. I'm sure that it was due to the house. I used pro zero and standard zero. I can tell you that i never got 9" with a dime from either machine, in any mode and a quarter maxed out at 11" in pro mode.

Last edited:

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good numbers 11" on a quarter air test is quite good for the AT, enjoy that machine.

OP
OP
rodarian

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Old coins create halo effects in the ground, making them easier to detect. You might find you get better depth with coins that have been in the dirt for 40 years. :) I know I've picked up 11" quarters on my ACE 350. And that is GROUND depth. My swinging added at least another 2 inches. I was just astonished at the depth. I couldn't get a read on the pinpointer until over 8" of material removed. I almost gave up, but was curious. I think its a combination of the halo and the right soil conditions (ground was moist). That quarter had probably been in the ground 30+ years, based on the location and depth. I pulled 4 coins that lunch-hour all over 9" ground-deep in a ball field field that had NO higher depth coins (had clearly been searched). The 11" one was the deepest, and I measured just to be sure!

Sadly, non were silver. All from 1967 and early 1970's.

I will be wildly happy to get those kinds of depths from the atpro. Of course, I will not know till late may when all the snow has melted and the ground begins to thaw a few inches.:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread