todays metal detecting, silver, broken detector and a video

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today's metal detecting, silver, broken detector and a video

I took another trip out today to my usual pasture permission in the hope of getting some more cracking finds as this field has produced me with some of the best finds I have had to date.

I thought I would experiment this morning by using my Cscope 4pi pulse induction beach detector. I had originally hoped it would allow me to get a lot better depth on this field and I though there was very minimal iron to cause any problems, I was wrong though.

As it turns out that the field has loads of iron signals but i had forgot i had been using the Teknetics eurotek with its iron audio feature switched on so just had not noticed had much iron there actually was. I dug several deep nails at around a foot down and had soon got fed up and made the ten minute walk back to the car to get the other metal detector.

I managed a few nice coins, one being a silver Victorian sixpence and some bottle tops but my detector seems to have developed a fault. It is falsing like crazy and i dug multiple holes that produced no finds. In the end i got so frustrated with it that i had to admit defeat and surrender.

It was still a pleasant couple of hours and more nice coins to add to my collection.

Anyway here is the video, please subscribe as it encourages me to make more videos

Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice coin!

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bummer with the faulting. I keep wondering when having a second detector will come in handy, but that means I'll have to find something to ground my son for, so he can't use it. LOL :)

-Skippy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread