Johnathon78s custom lazy Sunday PVC water shaft build!!!

Johnathon78

May 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Johnathon78's custom lazy Sunday PVC water shaft build!!!

So. Over the course of this weekend my home state of WV was blanketed with 16" of snow. That is on top of 14" we got 3 days prior. Needless to say, no detecting for me for a long time. I'm dying to water detect this coming season and after watching videos of Nuggetnoggin and Beau Ouimette on YouTube I decided to make my own shallow water/ snorkeling detector shaft using 1/2" pvc pipe. This is made using parts off my AT Pro and some gorilla glue and a small handsaw. I used around 4-5' of pipe as well as one 90 degree allow and one t connector.
Total build cost: $15

I first cut lengths of the pipe to size and assembled them as shown image.jpg

Once the pieces were cut I mocked them up and began drilling holes for the control box to mount. image.jpg

I next mounted the control box, got good angles on the shaft and gorilla glued pieces together. image.jpg

I used 6x1 1/4 screw to mount control box to shaft. image.jpg

The only part I didn't glue was the lower shaft that holds the coil, that way I could interchange longer or shorter shafts at a later date depending on water levels. She seems stable, once glue dries I'll put her through some torture tests and maybe give an update later. Maybe paint it orange or lime green, something easily seen in the murky waters of WV. I have yet to install an arm cuff and hand grip, those are coming soon!

Hope someone gets inspired by this thread! Can't wait to try her out! Any questions ask away!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread