Whats the most valuable thing youve found?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find peace of mind and relaxation every time I detect. Can't be sold!

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
14K 8.3gram Mens gold band (Domed). Yep. Sold it. :)

Went toward a new detector.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Shhhhhhh." To quote Karl vonMueller (Charlie Miller). Never talk about your found treasure. Kind of a paradox on this website, though.

But I will say it wasn't with a metal detector. ;-)

THE ADMIRAL found me so I don't have to say she was my best find. 35th anniversary in three months - two years prior to that she tackled me while I was playing Frisbee Football on campus . . . and she wasn't on either team! :laughing7: Feisty!

Best find I'll discuss was a sailboat. We were in ours and could see another sailboat rounding up into the wind repeatedly with the sail flogging and falling off to repeat the process. I though that he'd lost his rudder or had some equipment failure so we caught up to the boat. Not a soul aboard. Oh oh.

So I looked at how the sails were set (close hauled), dropped them and secured the boat and let it drift and started sailing upwind. Sure enough we found a man treading water about two miles away with no life preserver. Standing on the transom to answer nature's call he lost his footing. Could have gone VERY badly for him.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a few of those myself...
both above AND below water.

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With metal detecting I've found a way to hang on to what's left of my sanity which at one point in my life was about ready to slip away. That's worth more than the material things that I've gained from it. It's also one more thing that I can get my kids involved in to keep them outdoors. Material things are nice and finding them is still always my main goal when I go out but I've come to appreciate the hunt almost as much.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's the doing that is the fun. The things you find are great. But like fishing it is the getting out and clearing your head. The kind of meditation that makes it so fun. A new site is exciting. Not knowing what is there, but the promise that it may have in store. The research and history. To swing over a new piece of ground. That is why you can read others stories and become inspired. But you are the master of the ground you cover. My F5 patiently waits in the corner for the ground to thaw so I can take it out and find new treasures and a lot of trash and have stories to tell. Sure there will be those that have banner finds. They happen every week. But if you have a bounty hunter or a CTX 3030 you are out there doing the same thing as me every day.

Last edited:

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo (1).JPG

JoeB_OH

Dec 19, 2012
Cleveland , Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Bounty Hunter Tracker 4.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found the best hobby ever & many Historic items that are priceless to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions