MXT ALL PRO, my 1st detector .

Imfishboy

Jan 30, 2015
Sonoma County,Ca
Detector(s) used
MXT ALL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, after viewing numerous videos on metal detectors and their operations for the last two months, I finally bought a new MXT All Pro. It appears to be easy to use, thanks to the videos and users comments, and well worth the money. At the time of this purchase, I also bought a long handle sand scoop, a padded carry bag, TRX pin pointer, coil guard, and a detector assist strap to aid in carrying the detector while in use. The detector assist was a very good purchase, since my shoulder has become weak due to a shoulder surgery a year ago. I made the purchase from Jimmy Sierra in Fairfax Ca.. Both Jimmy Sr. and Jimmy Jr. were very helpful and responsive to my many questions and concerns. A very low sell business attitude with a very high friendly and accommodating attitude . These guys have a great inventory of MD and prospecting inventory, and they know their operations.

During the last two months I have done research of possible MD locations and the legalities at those locations. The only locations that are not friendly to us "Electrical Archeologists" are the Feds. To bad, since in my research, I have honed in to some possibly great old treasure finds locations. As soon as the weather in Sonoma County, Ca. gets better, off I go with my Grandkids to go on a dig.
I hope my first dig won't be a Pull Tab.
Good luck to all you Electrical Archeologists". :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

UMPA

Jan 31, 2015
CHESAPEAKE, VA
Detector(s) used
WHITES NXT ALL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like you, am also a newbie. Have been out 5 or 6 times and am satisfied with results of my all pro. Agree with comments that we will need around 100 hours to really begin the efficiency curve up. Have found coins and other items of interest each time out. Beach twice, public park 4 times.
good luck and find the new "Atocha"!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread