Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All ! :hello:

This is about the article titled How to Find Those Elusive Nickels, by Mike Sedlak, starting on page 50 of the January 2015 Western & Eastern Treasures magazine.

I would like to see more of this kind of article, as it provides good instructions for finding more Nickels and fewer pull tabs and the same method described can also be used to calibrate your detector for other targets that have consistent size, shape and alloy composition.

The well written article is easy to understand, with photos, and is available as a Back Issue at "Blow Out Pricing" for $2.00 when you buy (4) additional back issues @$2.00 each, for a $10.00 minimum order. Just use the Back Issues order form that appears in most W&E monthly magazine issues. Or you can pick up a single copy of W&E off your local magazine rack, if they have it, for $5.50 US and Canada. I think the $10.00 minimum order is a much better deal, as this gives you (5) back issues to read !

Kudos to Mike Sedlak and W&E Treasures for providing this high-quality article !

ToddB64

Upvote 0

here4themoney

Mar 3, 2015
SE Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold - White's Prizm IV - BountyHunter Quick Draw II - BountyHunter Pioneer 101 - Compass Judge
Garrett Pro Pointer - Gold Pans and Sluices
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gold ring in my avatar pic rang up as a nickel as well, when I see that signal I always think gold ring, but it's usually a nickel and some pull tabs will be the same but often the pull tabs bounce a bit. I dig em anyway, I find if I skip iffy signals like that I will think about it later in regret, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread