My New Favorite locations in town for hunting clad - Snow Cone Shack Locations!

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow... I've been making a killing at these small locations. Some of the shacks aren't even setup in the winter. I'm just hitting the grassy area beside the parking lot where they put the buildings. Ones with hills seem to be the best (makes sense..)

Last night in less than an hour, I found $7.25 in dimes, nickels and quarters (didn't bother to count the pennies), and my son (who became enthralled with bullets he was finding in the garden next to the grass), still made 3 bucks and found his first ring (copper and silver plate, but still VERY fun).

That's the best "Clad" find per hour that I've experienced that wasn't a coin spill. I only found 2 or 3 coins together 3 times total.

And the best part? I dug exactly FOUR pieces of trash. The rest were 100% coins!

I actually got a BLISTER on my pointer finger from using the steak knife (son was using the Lesche).

Got 2 or three lined up for this weekend. Instead of a Tot Lot Tour, it'll be a Shack Attack!

-Skippy

Upvote 0

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great idea and congrats on your finds. Unfortunately there is only one in my town and it is an old drive-in restaurant with asphault. Thanks for the info though maybe I will scout out nearby locations.
Pesc

Ranger121

Apr 7, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites Amphibian II
Bounty Hunter
When we lived in Hawaii and had to go to the Motor Vehicles place, I'd always take my MD. I'd discovered that the parking lot, which was paved, had meters which were placed in the sand just outside the perimeter of the pavement. Can't tell you how many dimes and quarters I pulled out of that sand around the base of the parking meters. My wife hated it cuz I always made her go in and take care of business while I detected around the lot. All clad tho.

OP
OP
S

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When we lived in Hawaii and had to go to the Motor Vehicles place, I'd always take my MD. I'd discovered that the parking lot, which was paved, had meters which were placed in the sand just outside the perimeter of the pavement. Can't tell you how many dimes and quarters I pulled out of that sand around the base of the parking meters. My wife hated it cuz I always made her go in and take care of business while I detected around the lot. All clad tho.

HAHA! I can totally see my wife not enjoying that. She COMPLETELY supports my hobby, including giving me ideas where to go... but I think she'd draw the line if she had to be seen with me while doing it! LOL

Not a lot of sand in Idaho. LOL

-Skippy

OP
OP
S

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shack attack!.jpg Booyah! I wasn't wrong. Only got to ONE shack location this morning...and we didn't even finish it off!

After getting permission (the owner was there, yippee!), we hit the strip of grass against the road... it's got a little lift to it, making for a nice hilly area to sit.

In 2 hours and 30 minutes, I found $2 in dollar coins, $15.50 in quarters, $3.40 in dimes, $0.40 in nickels, and $0.32 cents in pennies, for a total of $21.62. My 11-year old son, who was also hunting with the ACE 250 found about $8.

Banner day in clad! I was hunting on coin mode only (with pennies notched out). While an occasional penny showed up as a dime, most of the 32 pennies were found in pocket spills.

My best hole had $2.40 in it! Coins just kept coming out. I was giggling like a kid.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread