CCC camps

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I agree in not asking for permission when the issue is unknown, ambiguous and unstated....

How about in a case where someone actually DIDN'T know, so they asked ? I mean, ... who better to ask, than the authorities themselves? Then wouldn't you assume that the answer you're being given, is the law?

I know what you're driving at though: that .... later on, if someone found out something different, do they : a) go by their earlier "yes", or b) go by the subsequent info ?

Here's my answer to that: The mere fact that someone had first given you a "yes", means, in my eyes, that it's not as clear cut as you make it out to be. That is: it's a grey area type law open to interpretations and applications, as the needs-be-fit. So for example, if you're snooping around an obvious historic sensitive monument, vs in the middle of nowhere at a CCC spot.

VERY MUCH UNLIKE the non-grey area of speed limits, you compare this to. One is black and white (hence you don't ever find someone to "give you permission to break speed limits"). Versus this, which you can get a "yes" to. The mere fact of this tells you it is not at all as clear (like speed limits) as you say.

Last edited:

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you will find much, those men were dirt poor , and they ate with tins, which either rusted away or melted for the war effort. Depending on the job you might find interesting tools though. resoect others property

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you will find much, those men were dirt poor , and they ate with tins, which either rusted away or melted for the war effort. Depending on the job you might find interesting tools though. resoect others property

You are correct. Finds were really sparce in fact I went twice and have no desire to return.

OP
OP
nuggetdog

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've thought about that too, there are plenty of other places to swing a detector. I was out hunting for antler sheds yesterday and come across some interesting sites, I'll be going back with the MD this weekend. Ya never know what your gonna find when your out hiking around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread