How to cover ground

Mudball

Mar 5, 2015
TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I do buy my first detector it will be used on my property so Im not concerned with what other people see as we live in a rual area where no one can see what Im doing anyway. Having said that I want to make sure I dont go over the same ground several times. My thought was to hammer in some steaks in the ground and stretch lines and then move over accordingly if that makes sense. I understand I wouldnt want to do this type of thing in a public area but considering my area and circumstances then How do others do it ?

Upvote 0

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sometimes use short survey flags and grid an area and move them in as I go. If I'm doing an area such as a field that doesn't matter I will leave them there for the next trip out and start where I left off. You can buy 100 for around $7 at a tractor supply if there is one in your area.

OP
OP
M

Mudball

Mar 5, 2015
TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I didnt see and read the other post. Ive read too much already its running out my ears.
Thanks for the heads up on the other post.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going over the same ground at a different direction can find you targets that was masked from the other direction. HH

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry I didnt see and read the other post. Ive read too much already its running out my ears.
Thanks for the heads up on the other post.

That's awesome! That means you're filling up!

:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread