A BIG RING ON MY BIRTHDAY! Woot! Woot!

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So... yesterday was my birthday.

I took the day off and went down to the low river area where folks like to swim, and did some detecting.

It really wasn't that great. A couple of coins and a BUNCH of beer cans... UNTIL... I hit the sandy area where folks like to plop their stuff down. BAM! Big strong signal (didn't even bother to look at it, other than the fact it said 2"... I simply kicked away the sand from the surface, and this sucker popped out!

IMG_2224.JPG

JEWELS! BLING! FREAKING AWESOME! Heavy! Sparkly diamonds, and some green stones (I have no clue what they are, but am thinking emeralds at this point!) On my BIRTHDAY! :headbang:

On the inside there was a hallmark, and I dutifully spit on it to clear out the gunk without scratching any surfaces... A quick wipe later, I get to read:

(GR) THAILAND.

Junk ring. LOL!

I went home and confirmed it was just a trashy costume ring. Looks like a very light silver-type plate over copper or something (there were edges showing). I just laughed.

Still... the best present of the day at that point! (I hadn't opened any others!). I LOVE finding rings, even if they turn out to be just junk. I'd rather find a junk ring than a clad quarter! They're so much fun.

It cleaned up really nicely, though, and will make one of my 6-10 year old nieces REALLY happy. :) That's worth gold, right there.:tongue3:

Skippy

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still nice dig

Yep! My niece absolutely LOVED it, last night when I gave it to her. They've been stacked in jewelry ever since I started. I've found the funniest stuff, including bracelets with Frozen characters on them, snap bracelets (The kind that bend straight and then flip over the wrist, when snapped against it), lots of rings, necklaces, and the like.

They've gotten to the point when they come to my house the first thing they want to see is what I've found "just for them!"

:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread