MY GARRETT PRO-POINTER FREAKED OUT! ANY IDEAS WHY?

olprofessor

Jan 14, 2015
Northridge, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Garrett pro-pointer is about a month old, ordered from KellyCo. Recently while hunting, I was using it and suddenly it went into some kind of overdrive fit, making a very busy sounding noise. I cut it off, then back on, and it continued making the weird noise. I gave it a rest for about 10 minutes, then turned it on again. It was fine for a few seconds, then went into its overdrive mode again. So I checked the battery, turned it around just in case, then turned it back on. Nothing (which I expected, as the battery was reversed). When I turned the battery the correct way, this time I turned it on-nothing. Completely powerless. Been that way since this afternoon..
Any ideas on why it did this? Is it toast now? Is KellyCo reasonable if I have to send it back for repairs??? Any info is appreciated..Thanks in advance...

Upvote 0

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I gotta be one of the lucky ones..I have beat the snot out of mine in the past year and a half, and never had a problem. I have tore up the rubber grommet switch, gone through maybe 6 batteries by now, the yellow on the logo is long gone. Mud and dirt on the tool is aggravating, so I usually bang it a few times on my diggy tool....I never registered it when I got it, so I know I am on borrowed time. I know when I get the AT pointer I will be nicer to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread