HUNTING OLD HOUSES, ONLY FINDING CLAD???

olprofessor

Jan 14, 2015
Northridge, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ACE250 doesn't have any depth loss with discrimination. The only thing discrimination does on the ACE series is prevent the "beep" noise from hitting the sound channel.

What WILL affect depth, is the sensitivity. The higher it is, the deeper you'll detect.

Skippy

Wow, that is interesting. Most cheaper detectors (& pricey ones as well) will lose depth the more you discriminate. I know my F2 does.

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let me say this about the ace250. I totally agree that all metal mode is going to give you the most depth. I used the 250 for the entire summer last year and found many old coins at pretty good depth. SLQ at 8" and a handful of IH pennies anywhere from 2"-6". Many silver dimes, deepest was around 6". Even turned up a gold class ring at 7" and that rang up as a pulltab. So what I'm saying. OLP, is that the 250 will find them at a respectable depth, just gotta be in the right places. Good luck and happy hunting!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunted an old house today and found nothing but tons of TRASH and a few Zincoln's (go figure). I gave up after an hour or so but I intend to go back soon. My gut tells me that there may still be treasure to be found but it's gonna' take lots of trash removal before it reveals itself. Otoh, it also tells me that someone could well have beat me to the place long ago.

There's an outhouse still standing there but looks like someone has begun to tear it apart. That's why I'm thinkin' someone's been there. It also seems like lots of partying went on there at some point because there are a gazillion beer cans, bottles and the dreaded pull tabs.

On the upside, I did see a pair of wild turkeys on the property as soon as I got there; which are not common around here at all. That made the trip worthwhile.

It's always worth it to get out there even when no treasure shows up. For me, "being there" is half the fun; especially when the weather is as phenomenal as it is here today.
FINALLY!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread