Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's in the ground, slow down go slow and really listen to those whipers of deep silver. Also search areas that are now long forgotten out of the way. Get yourself over the best spot you can, because if your coil isn't over it your not going to find it! You will find silver, it's jut a matter of time.

OP
OP
rykroll

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, SeaHunter Mark 2, Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need an update so bad I still have my ace150 which is a great detector I need something with a lil more depth I have my technique down and my search patterns I just feel like I should be finding more silver I have a great spot

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you are right about an upgrade.your 150 is very capable but shallow,silver is often out of reach for it.hang tough and when you are able step it up equipment wise.

cheers

OP
OP
rykroll

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey at least I can clean up and recover all shallow targets and trash then go back with my upgrade and get the deep targets and not worry bout the deep stuff being hidden from the shallow crap

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get an AT pro or gold, if you want a upgraded Garrett. If you want a really deep, mid priced detector, check out the Tesoro Tejon. I currently run a White's V3i, and I love it. I have found silver dimes up to 10 inches with it, but more Commonplace around 5 to 7 inches.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have put hours and hours in a couple of fields. I have found coins, buttons and tokens ranging from as early as 1864 and everything in between but only found one silver dime driving me crazy!! Where's all the silver!!
You're too late......we already found it all! :laughing7:

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Much of the "easy" silver has already been cherry picked over the years. Metal detecting has been a hobby for over 40 years now. That is a huge time frame of hunters pounding that ground with better detectors year after year, if you can find anything at all then you are doing good in some cases.

Possibly the only virgin sites left that are loaded with silver are going to be on private property. That is where I find most of my silver coins these days.

The silver that is still hiding on those pounded sites is going to either very deep, off the beaten path (under shrubs/trees, hillsides, inaccessible places), or masked out by layers of other metal trash (iron!) in the ground.

OP
OP
rykroll

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Believe it or not the one silver I did find was under a piece of sheet metal I dug about 4 inches down that's why I dig almost all targets now a days

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
The easy targets on pubic property are mostly gone. Permission at older (Pre-1960) homes is the way to go. That is the easiest way to find a silver coin. The more house you are able to detect, the higher the probability of success. An upgrade in hardware (AT Pro) would also do wonders for you.

I hope that this helps!

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where is the silver? Do like I do and spend your clad on silver coins. :). This year (I started detecting in January) I've "found" two Morgan dollars, 3 walking Liberty halfs. A Washington silver quarter and a Barber quarter. Also include 3 silver roosevelts and 5 Winged Liberty 'Mercury'dimes. All from clad coverted to eBay money and sweet deals at local pawn/coin shops (example: picked up a walking Liberty for $6.25)

I've stopped trying to find that elusive silver, and started just having more fun out there. Someday it'll pop up, but until then I'll cash in the rings and clad to build my collection!!

This week I also purchased some sweet large cents off eBay, a Trime (3 cent silver) and 3 cent nickel. Taking in my clad finds from the last week tomorrow to pay them off. :)

My point is you can have a TON of fun with the clad, too!!!

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep in mind also, in 1890, if you lost a half dollar, you may not eat that day. It's out there, but people took better care with their money. Keep digging, you'll find it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread