7 days of detecting in Norwich, England, is over :D

-Taz-

Mar 28, 2013
Island on the west coast
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been so lucky as to be able to participate in a 7 day detecting trip to Norwich, with 10 other members of my Norwegian club.

It was a very nice trip where we got up at 0700 each day, searched from 0900 to 1730, and was so tired that we each day went to our rooms at around 2200. In total we dug around 90-100 hammered coins, some roman coins and artefacts.

Overall I am very happy with the outcome, although I'd like to have at least one more whole coin to compensate for that 6 of 9 are quarter cut, half cut or quite destroyed. But will have to do that the next time :hello2:

Groat; Henry 7 or 8, 1485-1515
Coin 1; Edward 1, penny, London Mint 1279-1307
Coin 2; Henry 5, penny, York mint 1413-1422
Coin 3; Elisabeth 1, half groat, 1558-1603
Half; Henry 3, 1247-1272
Quarter 3; Henry 3, 1247-1272

The rest I will have to wait for the museums verdict on.

Besides the coins I had two other keepers, a Roman button, with intact loop / "plug" and a medeieval gilded fitting in the form of a man.

Great times with great people! :occasion14:

Finds.JPG
All of the keepers

Henry V 1.JPG Henry V 2.JPG
Henry V penny, the best coin, he was only on the throne for 9 years so they are not so common as others.

Deus break.JPG
Deus break! :D

Last field.JPG
The last field in fantastic weather!

Tools of the trade.JPG
Tools of the trade :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you all had a blast. Excellent fun! And awesome to have great finds like that available to you. The oldest thing I can find for about 400 miles is going to be around 150 years... *sigh*

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Congratulations on the fantastic finds.

Looks like a scene from "Bednobs and Broomsticks" with the detectors and shovels out in the field with no humans controlling them. ;-)

OP
OP
T

-Taz-

Mar 28, 2013
Island on the west coast
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was my first trip detecting in England, and everything I found was either a first or a new personal best :icon_thumright:

On the 7th day I wouldn´t mind having the detctor do its own work, my arms were hurting before I even started. But I will do it again in a heartbeat ! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions