help with visit to Florida Please

fliermartin

Sep 11, 2014
southeast wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ATgold and Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to go to my parents house in vero beach florida. I've been detecting on the beach around there before but I was wondering if there were any beaches that I could detect in the water within an hour or 2's drive. I want to try a tesoro sand shark in the water to see if I like it or not. Any help would be appreciated.
I'm leaving wisconsin thursday nightplan to get there friday night and hope to be on the beach saturday morning. It just snowed here yesterday be glad to enjoy some sunny weather.

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost all the beaches south of Vero Beach can be hunted in the water...The East coast has big waves most of the time, so you have to catch the right days with the wind from the West...The further south you go, the smaller the surf, in general.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the areas between Sabastian inlet and Ft. Pierce inlet have salvage claims on them. If you're familiar with the area, it's mostly between Chuck's at the north end, to Colored Beach to the south. There may be others so do some research beforehand. The dry and wet sand between the dunes and water is still fair game though.

OP
OP
F

fliermartin

Sep 11, 2014
southeast wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ATgold and Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the info guys. I know the wife wants to go to cocoa beach one day plan on checking that out at least

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread