Underwater and Beach Metal Detector for South Florida - Recommendation wanted

oddapp

Mar 20, 2015
Key West, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for an underwater metal detector working in the water close to the beach and for the beach too that I have to carry just one with me. I finally decided to try my luck snorkeling in the water with a detector.

Any recommendations for a good working underwater detector working on the beach too?

I'm located in South Florida, maybe you also know a local dealer ( I prefer to buy local and not online).

THANKS!

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why Whites Dual Field and not a Sand Shark? Can you tell me why you would buy the Whites?

I went with the 8" Sand Shark and never looked back. The coil does not float, cuts through the water with no effort, gives me all the depth I've ever needed, is easy to set up, use, and maintain - and has the best warranty of ANY waterproof detector on the market today. Last but not least, It is also a better VALUE than any PI beach machine on the market today.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Sand Sharks coil is definitely much easier to maneuver through the water and is better balanced than the Dual Field on a stock shaft.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread