Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mid range..at pro(dry sand at beach)..entry level..fisher f2...well priced machines that can get the job done.there are many others....welcome

oldsurfer

Feb 22, 2015
Florida West Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, Whites Coinmaster Classic III (oldie!), Bounty Hunter Land Tracker, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Technology has changed the detector industry so much over the last 10-20 years. I still use my old White's Coinmaster Classic as a backup...it's dependable, but doesn't have all the 'bells & whistles' of today's detectors. AT Pro (IMHO) is a great all-purpose mid-range detector...happy huntin!

OP
OP
B

Brian NH

Aug 20, 2012
Rochester NH
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro withh 11" DD Coil
Deteknix Xpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To save money so I can Pro Pointer & Digging tool.
What about the Teknetics eurotek pro wit 11" DD search coil. Read many good reviews.
Interested in coin, relic and jewelry hunting. Occasional beach hunting.
Thank you.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The etp is an awesome machine in the $300 range.

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw this. I have a sovereign GT for sale. It is like 4 years old. I used it for about a year then once in awhile after that. They say this hobby pays for itself. My problem is I keep buying detectors. I have a Brand new at pro Used like three times for back up on salt beach for 1/2hour and land. It's the less exspensive model with two coils. If your interested , shoot me a price. I live in mass. This is what I have for detectors. Excalibur, Deus, ctx3030 plus the at and sovereign G.T. When I bought it. I was told that the model I have was better on the beach in the black sand. Who knows. I haven't used it. So I need to get rid of extras. Best of luck. Frankie.

OP
OP
B

Brian NH

Aug 20, 2012
Rochester NH
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro withh 11" DD Coil
Deteknix Xpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw this. I have a sovereign GT for sale. It is like 4 years old. I used it for about a year then once in awhile after that. They say this hobby pays for itself. My problem is I keep buying detectors. I have a Brand new at pro Used like three times for back up on salt beach for 1/2hour and land. It's the less exspensive model with two coils. If your interested , shoot me a price. I live in mass. This is what I have for detectors. Excalibur, Deus, ctx3030 plus the at and sovereign G.T. When I bought it. I was told that the model I have was better on the beach in the black sand. Who knows. I haven't used it. So I need to get rid of extras. Best of luck. Frankie.
Thank you I will keep you in mind. right now I'm looking into a fisher f5.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you I will keep you in mind. right now I'm looking into a fisher f5.

The F5 does it all. It was my go to for 6 years. The best control of analog and digital. Don't forget to read Mike Hillis F5 tips and tricks if you get one. Fisher Metal Detectors at the bottom.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread