I was tickled at his excitement detecting

Jack Flynn

Oct 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My grandboy has never really took to anything like this. He pretty much does what a lot of kids do nowadays. I traveled out to his great grandmas house, 200 acres, to detect and he wanted to go. We found some coins and a few pieces of metal that were gold colored. May as well been gold and I left it that way. What we did find were quite a few headstamps. They were the golden tickets for the day. He dug most of the targets and would really get excited when the pinpointer went off. He would say "I got it" it's a 20, then it's a 12, no. 7, then some 16's. no. 5 all meaning the gauge and the shot size. Tickled me to dump the finds out on the tailgate and for him to go through them. I'm gonna get out there soon again and let him run the compadre and see what becomes of it. Fun stuff..................Makro CF 77 the tool some headstamps were deeeep in the fields.

Upvote 0

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AWESOME... kids are great. I kind of dig the tot-lots for that reason. Love it when they crowd around and want to see what's dug up. I lose a lot of clad that way, though. LOL

Skippy

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He already looks the part of a hard day of digging!!! Now he is enjoying a drink with his finds and a friend. I get kids around me at the beach. I let the kids dig the bad target and move on. They get lucky and it's hard for me to get back my finds!! Ha Ha I get so many kids around me. That I'm afraid I'll hit one with my scoop handle. We should start a post for the little treasure hunters of the world. The best part of what your doing is. That later on he could find something left for him or lost that comes from you.

billyjoe42

May 10, 2007
Placer Co, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, White's M6, Gray Ghost Amphibians, Sun Ray Gold, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A barefoot 5 yr-old ran up to me detecting a tot lot, excited to help "find treasure". With his mom's okay, we became "partners". Among our finds was a BIG needle-sharp fish hook! Point of the story: I let kids run the pinpointer, but I do the digging.

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it.

Got my boy going too. Kinda.
Told him I need the trash found in the ground because we're going to renovate and re-landscape the area.

I asked him to find everything and remove everything he found, no matter what.
And anything he found of value would be his.

So he seemed pretty eager and it got him off the Computer as well.

G-bone _son.jpg

No big finds.. so far.
All the BB's from our Daisy Red Rider's were driving him crazy though :laughing7:

Keep it up, as will I too.
I'll do nothing but good for them.

Cheers

G

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread