Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger....a video review 24 years late.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

Thought I would throw together a video of an older detector from 1991. Plenty of text info on the internet about the Scorpion....but not many videos.

Just a quick run-down of some of it's features and some air tests on various objects.

Still new to this hobby so take it with a grain of salt.

Enjoy.

Upvote 0

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful machine its really in very good clean condition.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank slink. The owner before me took really good care of it and I am trying to do the same.

These older detectors from the 90's remind of a old 60's-70's work truck. Sure there are trucks newer and better....but these still get the job done in a great way.

Just found out this one is from 2002.....so it is a newer one. :thumbsup:

Kamorle

Jun 26, 2013
Nice video, I'm curious how it does with the small gold pieces.. could you try a couple different sized lead chunks say down to a pellet size? What type of sluice do you use? I just ordered a bazooka sluice and plan on using my garret AT gold to go over the tailings at the end of the day.. don't want any big nuggets to get away!

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The small lead piece in the video is very flat...almost like a flake. It will actually hit slightly harder on a BB or a pellet as they have more density to them. My son shoots sand filled milk jugs in our back yard and it will hit them at 1-2 inches faintly. If on the surface it is quite a noticeable tone.

I use a Keene A52 as I had no idea about the Bazooka at the time. I did months of research before buying and had not once heard of Bazooka sluices on Youtube or various forums. Their marketing department needs to catch up with Keene and Royal.

That being said, I like them and will be getting one of the medium to larger sized ones as a couple buddies usually go with me. Supposedly they can handle the work flow.

The AT Gold replaced the Stinger....so you have a damn fine machine. If the gold is there your AT Gold and Bazooka will def find it! Best of luck man. :occasion14:

Kamorle

Jun 26, 2013
Thanks ;-) haha I guess you tried the lead piece latter in the video.. I watched the coins and ring part and figured that was It.. Ill watch it again. Hopping to get down to Colorado this summer for a prospecting trip, the rules up here in Canada are just ridiculous..

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go the the 11:50 mark and the small lead piece starts there. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions