Like your Lesche? You might LOVE the Ironclad Viking!

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to make a video of my Ironclad Viking digger. IMO, it blows the Lesche away.

This video was actually a test of my new GoPro setup for filming some hunts this year. I noticed that my hat is visible in the shot, as well as the dead cat covering my external mic in the corner. It was very windy, but the mic/dead cat combo make the GoPro audio sound pretty great.

Don't forget to jack the resolution to 1080p 60 fps for best quality!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont like for two reasons. One I would break this, just does not look as sturdy as the lesche. Second resaon is looks like I would cut myself every time I cleaned off the blade. I also didnt see a left or right hand version. I have big hands and the lip of the lesche lets me bear down better I would think. This would make a great digger for the wife or a lil kid maybe.

Are you talking about the Viking or the cheap Walmart tool when you said you could break it? Cause that Viking looks pretty unbreakable to me.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you talking about the Viking or the cheap Walmart tool when you said you could break it? Cause that Viking looks pretty unbreakable to me.

I'm sure he's speculating about my Miracle Grow Hori Hori... The viking looks nice.

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out detecting and saw a handle sticking out of a giant stone, I pulled it out of the rock and a bright light shone out of the hole and I heard what can only be described as angels singing a chorus. So I held up my new Viking Digger and roared like the king Viking that I am. Ok ok, I emailed him and he mailed me one. It is a stout digger though.

angleofattack

Aug 9, 2015
West Point, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Euro tech pro dd, xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm all about quality but I'm also into bang for the buck. There is a line there. I think the Viking Digger looks and by all accounts is a great tool. However when I looked at the cost I chose to go with the Predator Tools Piranha shovel for about 25 bucks more and a monster tool, perfect for Metal Detecting. As DirtyJohn did I bought the Wilcox digger for my hand tool for I think 13 dollers and its is a fine strong digger. So IMO this combo is a better way to spend your money.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a land surveyor and dig in all kinds of ground, some hard clay with rocks.
I will cheerfully spend $75 on a Estwing pickaxe because they work.
For a pocket digger, I use the Wilcox stainless trowel. I'm a beefy guy, but I've been unable to even flex it, while my Kellyco digger is bent.
It looks deceptively simple, but it simply works.
I will admit I haven't pounded it in with a hammer, but I've done about everything else.
http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Trowel-Situation-Indestructible-Guarantee/dp/B002GJ030U

50357a.jpg

About $15 on Amazon.

Cheers and HH!

metaljunkie

Sep 15, 2013
Thunder Bay
Detector(s) used
Deus with 11" coil
Home made water kit for deus
Garrett at pro with stock coil
5x8 coil
nel hunter coil
Pro pointer
Garrett euro ace
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just received my viking. Seems very well made and worth the cost. The ground here is half frozen, yet it still seems to cut a good clean plug. You can really feel the sawing action of the serated edges. Very pleased... 2016-03-23 15.53.30.jpg

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am beginning to think I am a "pansy," as I have never bent a digging tool, broken a scoop handle, or worried if the teeth on my diggers were to aggressive. Do all you guys have hair growing on your fingers or have a heavy brow? I use a Marine bayonet as a probe to pop the shallow coins or rings/pulltabs out of the grass. If the target is deeper I use the appropriate digging tool for the location.:laughing7:

I think some of these guys could tear up a Railroad track with a Pepsi Cola bottle.:laughing7:
Marvin

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
those fiskars brand diggers mentioned are cheaply cast tools hardly fit for a gardener. Even with a lifetime warranty to bolster their claims of being rugged, they suck for detecting. I broke the handle off one in short order. It would probably be fine in soft soil without tree roots, which I have yet to encounter detecting. A lifetime warranty does squat for me when I'm out in the middle of a hunt. not bashing the brand either as I own and like many of their other products especially my pruning shears.

Ordered a lesche and the T handled sampson digger. Haven't had a single digging issue since. This viking digger looks very nice, had I not already gotten the lesche I'd be all over this.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread