Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's Been A While..but Glad to Be Back...

It's been a long time since I posted anything on here.. Been busy and just got lazy.. Since the last time I posted I had the opportunity to use several new machines(some just new to me). Around the first of the year I received the Whites Mxt All Pro. Great easy machine to turn on and go. The ground balance was quick and the settings were easy to understand. Definitely recommend. The first day out with theSilverfiend I found a cool token from Wichita Kansas. I will say that this spot I have pounded with every machine in my closet at one time or the other.
10957870_10153155854446694_5707865955706978275_n.jpg
Its from the Davis Drug Company. The location on the token said "Opp the Frisco Depot". Luckily I was able to find out that it was located in Wichita, Kansas.. Only time frame was a newspaper mention of the business in 1908.
6278592_orig.jpg

I also found several silvers and a couple of Indian Heads ,ust a few days ago.. with less than 25 hours, it's rescued a couple of v nickels, several mercs, buffaloes, a good hand full of wheats, and several old relics.
Loving the Mxt All Pro, it was hard to put down, but the new Makro Racer also came in and I wanted to get it out and try.. Here is the video overview on it.

The first initial hunt was a sidewalk right of way.. Separation was good and was able to find a couple of wheats, and Indian head and this cool Oklahoma Statehood ring.
razor finds.jpg
During all this I came down with Influenza B, so hunting was tough. The doctor made me wear a mask. :tongue3:
An Orange goodie from Garrett made it a little easier..
I just want to say a full 6 week review on the Propointer AT is coming including an update on it. The first hunt with it I found a key tag from the Historic Loewen Hotel in Enid. It was built in 1907 and boasted a 1400 seat theater. Albert Loewen kept the Hotel for 5 years before selling it. In 1906, He was also instrumental in building the Phillips University in Enid.
6974581_orig.jpg

My first real test was in SE Oklahoma, where everything is waterlogged.. I took it to a relic field and it got so nasty it was hard to tell the color of my AT Gold and the Propointer AT... this was a sort of a cleaned up photo... but it performed flawlessly.NO Falsing. Easy detune and good power.. Like I said a full review coming shortly.
proat.jpg
Just last week I got a surprise in the mail from Nokta. The Nokta Fors CoRe Pro pack came and the New Nokta Pinpointer. It's waterproof like the Macro. I thought it was going to be heavy with the pack on the bottom, but it was surprisingly light. We took it to a new town and the very first coin size target was this sweet 30 Years Ford Token(1903-1933) This particular one was made for the Worlds Fair and is considered sort of rare..
20150323_113333.jpg
20150323_143507-1.jpg 20150323_143521-1.jpg
If you know me You know I love tokens. The Fors CoRe second target was this 1907 Barber dime.
20150323_123006.jpg
I also found 2 Vnickels a 1900 and a 1903.. I will doing a review on both of the Nokta's.
20150325_113238.jpg .
That pretty much sums up the last couple of months. I've also added a few videos with the XP Deus..

I am working on video hunts with the AT Gold and the review of the New Garrett ProPointer AT(Garrett Carrot):thumb_up:
Looking forward to posting on Tnet again.. Hopefully this spring and summer stay wet, it's sure helping with the signals..

Attachments

• 4192758_orig.jpg
    4192758_orig.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Upvote 0

oldsurfer

Feb 22, 2015
Florida West Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, Whites Coinmaster Classic III (oldie!), Bounty Hunter Land Tracker, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! You sure got a BUNCH of detectors! Welcome back. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds, and welcome back!

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to say a full 6 week review on the Propointer AT is coming including an update on it.

Hey Evan, welcome back! Your videos (and a few others) were what got me started metal detecting a few years ago. I just posted my Pro-Pointer AT review, so a word of advice, if you were planning on testing it out in yogurt, don't bother, I covered that in my video. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Evan, welcome back! Your videos (and a few others) were what got me started metal detecting a few years ago. I just posted my Pro-Pointer AT review, so a word of advice, if you were planning on testing it out in yogurt, don't bother, I covered that in my video. :laughing7:
lol well that's something I can add. Works good in yogurt... Thanks.. glad I could help.. definitely a hobby like no other..

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. Great post. Awesome total reviews and photos to boot!

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread