Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you have a fine machine and it sounds like you have found nice coins before...so a slump is all it is. Remember that slumps are something you rise out of and conquer! So you will be back to normal soon.

My son found a gold ring with a $60 Bounty Hunter Gold Digger......it is all about being in the right spot at the right time. If you were standing where your pals were then they would be in the slump and not you!

As long as you feel the T2 is not malfunctioning...the future is bright with that machine!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I know the feeling, and it aint no fun. Everyone hits a little dry spell from time to time. Just keep at it, hunt hard, but have fun. You know that if you keep hunting eventually, something good will show up. GL!

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Change some things up. Play around with the settings on your detector, try digging more trashy type targets or deep, faint, targets. You may be sinking into a rut and developing "tunnel vision" of sorts where you are only listening for a certain tone and not noticing everything else.

Sometimes I'll go months without finding any silver. Other times I'll find multiple silver coins in a single week. I went almost a year without finding a silver ring. Last year I found 3 within a week period, all in the same small area at the same park too.

Gold is the same way. I may go almost a year without finding anything, and suddenly within a couple weeks I'll find multiple gold rings.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Change some things up. Play around with the settings on your detector, try digging more trashy type targets or deep, faint, targets. You may be sinking into a rut and developing "tunnel vision" of sorts where you are only listening for a certain tone and not noticing everything else.

Sometimes I'll go months without finding any silver. Other times I'll find multiple silver coins in a single week. I went almost a year without finding a silver ring. Last year I found 3 within a week period, all in the same small area at the same park too.

Gold is the same way. I may go almost a year without finding anything, and suddenly within a couple weeks I'll find multiple gold rings.

Where you say dig more trashy signals you hit the nail on the head. I use a t2 Ltd and first off I love it,but it doesn't I'd deep targets as good as some I've used. It does seem to tell the difference from a good target and iron but numbers on say a super deep coin will be off sometimes by alot.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes it's the luck of the draw as to which area you are hunting. Keep your head up, slow your swing and enjoy the hobby. We all have had our slow days and other where there are so many targets you can selective to which tones you dig. I change locations if I haven;t had any good signals in about 45 minutes. I take a quick picture with my smart phone so I know where I stopped and can restart the hunt on another day.

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's aptly called "Dirt Fishing" for a variety of reasons. Just like we don't always catch the big one when we go fishing, the same sorts of slumps happen here, too.

Just recently I had about a half-dozen trips that yielded pretty much nothing... followed by a nice trip with a beautiful Tungsten Carbide Ring (My brother promptly claimed it).

Slumps happen, and end up nicely.

-Skippy

Last edited:

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have come home short of the "batteries and a honey-bun" goal countless times. Would have starved if I were homeless! Thankfully the slump always passes if you persevere. I recently got 2 work buddies into detecting and figured they would beginner luck me to death. So far they have just dug clad and junk, hope they stick it out. Nothing worse than just starting out and being in a slump. At least you know what the fruits taste like and I know you will taste it again. Keep on keeping on!

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I listened to you guys advise and stopped listening for that one super clean tone and slow down. I went out to my favorite park and found this

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about press the wrong button. Found a copper bracelet