Garrett Edge Digger fix!

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got my Garrett edge digger as a gift from my Son this past Christmas and just love it. The one problem I had was the rubber grip came loose and would move around and soon cut the back side. I would also put a lot a pressure on the palm of my hand while digging and by the end of the day I always had a sore hand. Well I have been looking forward to going hunting tomorrow and went out into the back yard tonight just to make sure everything worked like it should. After digging about fifteen holes I knew I had to do something with my digger. Well here it is.... a solid core golf ball... a 7/8 forstner drill bit...some 3/4 inch CPVC plastic pipe and glue. I started with making the one with the T and it felt good and I was going to get some steel pipe and weld a pinball to it ... that is when I saw the golf ball on my workbench and got to work. This thing feels GREAT! I cut the plastic pipe long enough that when applying pressure all of the force will be on the pipe and not the edge of the ball. I don't know if it matters but it seemed to make sense. Another nice thing is that the pipe fits snug enough that it doesn't fall out but can be taken out if needed. I will report back after a day of digging with the two ends. If I had a phone that wasn't seven years old I would make a video...maybe I can get my Wife to help with her Iphone.

Attachments

• ed1.jpg
    ed1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 255
  • ed2.jpg
    ed2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 253
  • ed3.jpg
    ed3.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 239
  • ed4.jpg
    ed4.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 247
  • ed5.jpg
    ed5.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 251
  • ed6.jpg
    ed6.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pinball

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I went out today and dug a bunch of holes with the golf ball digger and my hand feels great...not sore at all. I like the ball end more then the T so I am just going to use it from now on. Here is a picture of some of the stuff I dug but not all as I had emptied my pouch once while at the park. Today was a good day as I also dug my first silver ring. I hope this helps someone else with their digger. j.jpg r.jpg

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job! :thumbsup:

Also, FWIW, a golf ball will also make a terrific file handle.

streetshark1966

Feb 12, 2015
knox county ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter quick silver, fisher f5, Tesoro sand shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looks like the digger mod will be your good luck charm nice ring congrats on both

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for posting your idea, too bad you didn't come up with this a year ago...

My kids bicycles are missing their grips!:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread