Nokta Fors Core hunt WV

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After 3 days of heavy rain most of the area is flooded. Hardly a country road that isn't under water. I first hunted an old home that was built in 1896. What a disappointment, didn't even find a clad penny. Not having to many options because of the flooding I hit this old park that I figured had been hunted out. Used the new Nokta Fors Core and didn't do to bad. All clad and one 58d wheat. Came close thought got some 65 dimes and 66,67 quarters. Also found this ingot thing that ring up in the silver range. Not sure what it is. It's not real heavy like lead.

DSC00001.JPG DSC00002.JPG

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like ya had a good day digging. The clad adds up.

OP
OP
wv hilljack

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the place surprised me. I throw it all in baggie and take it to a coinstar and turn them in for ITunes.

OP
OP
wv hilljack

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in St Mary's.

payload77

Jul 3, 2014
WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite a ways away from me. My wife's from Clarksburg.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah the place surprised me. I throw it all in baggie and take it to a coinstar and turn them in for ITunes.

I tumble my coins and run them through vending machines, who knows I might get silver out of a vending machine. I roll the new coins and will bring them to the bank at the end of the season. I keep a special account for this hobby which is attached to PayPal. You never know what good deals on upgrades you can find. The only coins I plan on ever putting in the coin star are my pennies since I can't run them through a vending machine.

OP
OP
wv hilljack

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that's were all my pennies go is coinstar. Hey Payload that's were I'm from Nutter Fort.

payload77

Jul 3, 2014
WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know Nutter Fort! She loves to go back home and get T&L Dogs!

OP
OP
wv hilljack

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. I have eaten many, also Dave's Restaurant and the Dave's Special. I miss that sandwich since they closed.

payload77

Jul 3, 2014
WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to a big open lot tomorrow, that used to have two homes and an old post office that closed in the twenties. Wish me luck! Good luck on your hunts!

OP
OP
wv hilljack

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on your hunt I haven't posted it yet I found a gold ring and a old metal toy man Thursday evening that I haven't posted yet. Heading up to the mtns Sunday for a week of fishing.

payload77

Jul 3, 2014
WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool man, I'll be looking for your post.

OP
OP
wv hilljack

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ItsawGood!

Ok guys this is what I got for today. A 1912,38,39 what appears to be a spent mini ball from a place were a old church used to be. I used the ATP with the NEL Tornado coil at this site. At the other site I got the 57d wheatie and the 1969 S penny. Also got a gold ring, the butterflies were in the same hole together plus the metal man. (He has a cape on his back.) A laser one token and the silver looking ingot of metal. It was black when I pulled it out of the ground and hit 93 on the VDI. Hit with the wire brush to shine it up. Also got a 67 quarter and 67, 69 dimes.

DSC00001.JPG DSC00002.JPG DSC00003.JPG DSC00004.JPG
DSC00005.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
wv hilljack

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All yeah I forgot these. They are organ reeds from the church site. They were all over the place.
DSC00006.JPG

ItsSawGood

Greenie
Sep 27, 2014
West By Gawd Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Hilljack!!!! Got to love productive days like that. I'm back to the drawing board, learning my new Xterra 705 after years of service from a BH Tckr IV. Once I get a smidge competent with it, I'll start adventuring out. Have my eye on an abandoned community....just paranoid that I may not be alone among the vacants. ;)

I think you found more today than I have in several years!!! Lol

:thumbsup:

OP
OP
wv hilljack

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 705 is a good machine. It was my first and I still have it. The VDI has a different read than the ATP but it does go deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions