Footwear

deldave

Jul 9, 2013
coastal Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, ACE 250, pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the weather changes from hip boots and waders to sneakers and flip-flops I would like to know what others wear in the surf. I am thinking of getting some kind of neoprene diving shoe with a hard sole that I can use this summer on the beach. Need something that won't come off in the surf and is heavy enough to kick my scoop. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I highly recommend the Mares Dive Boots!
Be careful of sizing. Trying them on before purchase would be preferable.
Available in 5mm, they also come in a 6.5mm I believe!
These boots are very comfortable with a great hard sole. You can easily navigate the beach and rocks with these boots!

MRSBTR.jpg

Here's some info:
The Mares Trilastic 5mm Dive Boot is a robust temperate water boot that will give you years of reliable service. This beefy built dive boot has a comfortable hard sole, engineered to give the highest control and power transmission during fining action. The neoprene around the ankle area is made from a super-elastic material. The lower section of the boots neoprene is standard, ensuring warmth and adherence. The entire boots neoprene is durable nylon II material and the boot has a hard rubber sure grip sole.

The complete front and the heel are reinforced with vulcanized rubber to protect this high wear area. The heel of the boot comes with a fin strap lug to keep your fin straps from shifting while in the water. The strong and durable zipper entry allows easy donning and doffing and the zipper dam prevents water seepage through the slide fastener. All seams are glued and sewn for strength and durability and the boots top edge is taped and sewn for the same. Boots are available in multiple sizes, black in color and are covered by a 24 month limited warranty.

The Mares Trilastic 5mm Dive Boots is commonly used for Cold Water, Extreme Depths, Professional, Recreation, Warm Water and more. The Mares Trilastic 5mm Dive Boots is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Advanced, Advanced Diver, Beginner, Casual/ Recreational, Divemaster, Professional, Recreational Diver among others. The Mares Trilastic 5mm Dive Boots is popular because customers like the following qualities of the Mares Trilastic 5mm Dive Boots: Durable, Good Fit, Prevents Water Movement, Warm.

Last edited:

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1006906-BLKO_1.jpg

In the surf I have always worn simple strap on water sandals. They have thick enough soles to kick the scoop, no problem. Just be sure to get a pair that has the covered toes.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a pair of Neo Sport 7m booties a few months ago and love them! They're not baloney soles like my last pair, and they're not super hard holes either. Very comfortable to walk long distances in, and they have a big zipper side to make it simple getting it on and off. I ordered it online by my regular shoe size and they fit perfect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread