pull tabs and gold??

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
use a old fashioned tracker IV by bounty hunter -- set the toggle mode on --disc mode == lower the disc to "0" --use a pull tab --slowly crank it up until the pull tab falls out of detection then use a gold ring -if the ring come in --fine --if not very lowly drop the disc level until the ring chimes in --STOP -- now wave the tab --it to will most likely ring up but he sound will not be crisp or clear but rather fuzzy or crackly .. the crisp and clear vs fuzzy and crackly is the sound difference hear..

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
use a old fashioned tracker IV by bounty hunter -- set the toggle mode on --disc mode == lower the disc to "0" --use a pull tab --slowly crank it up until the pull tab falls out of detection then use a gold ring -if the ring come in --fine --if not very lowly drop the disc level until the ring chimes in --STOP -- now wave the tab --it to will most likely ring up but he sound will not be crisp or clear but rather fuzzy or crackly .. the crisp and clear vs fuzzy and crackly is the sound difference hear..

Ok, now go get a smaller gold ring and see how it's totally blocked out. Go get a bigger, or different shaped pull tab, or a bent one and see how it comes in different from your first test piece. You CAN NOT ignore any low-conductor without blocking gold too.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

I am going to air test 16 pieces of Gold i've found and look for VDI variations also.

Thanks for the 'fine tune' man!

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Then disregard air testing and bury 16 types of gold at 16 different depths then with 16 different mineralizations and do the same with tabs... Might take awhile as 16 to the power of 3 x2 is gonna be a lot of holes. And I'm no math major btw.. :) 8192 holes if my dumbness doesn't prevail. Or just pull those damn tabs.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Or just dig them. I'm trying to think of pull tabs that I've found deeper than two or three inches and I can think of a few, but only a few. That's seriously a 10-20 second recovery, if that. For me, it takes longer to properly evaluate a shallow target like that than it does to get it out of the ground, so I just dig it up to save time. (Disclaimer: I'm only 38, and while I have my share of joint problems due to a somewhat impetuous youth, I can dig holes with the best of them.) Admittedly I tend to dig unless I'm absolutely sure that it's trash, as my main concern is ground covered/targets retrieved vs. time spent, time often being an issue. Not everyone likes to hunt this way.

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Or just dig them. I'm trying to think of pull tabs that I've found deeper than two or three inches and I can think of a few, but only a few. That's seriously a 10-20 second recovery, if that. For me, it takes longer to properly evaluate a shallow target like that than it does to get it out of the ground, so I just dig it up to save time. (Disclaimer: I'm only 38, and while I have my share of joint problems due to a somewhat impetuous youth, I can dig holes with the best of them.) Admittedly I tend to dig unless I'm absolutely sure that it's trash, as my main concern is ground covered/targets retrieved vs. time spent, time often being an issue. Not everyone likes to hunt this way.

Well said. I'm VERY much the same way except 41. 4 left knee surgeries, wrist, shoulder and elbow. .. I was a wild 20 yr old putting it mildly. .. We are at the park to dig so unless it's a clearly garbled signal DIG IT

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
good signals vs "crap signals" --- granted oh digging 1000's of crap signals will once in awhile turn up a nice a nice gold target but is it "time effective "-- if one ignored the crap signals and only focused on good signals --how many of those 1000 pulltab ---vs the say 800 good signals you have dug instead--- digging lots of crappy signals vs digging less but only good signals which will produce better finds in the long haul --time wize..?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possibly, but I've dug some small gold and platinum rings with BIG rocks in them that were down in the low foil range and scratchy. A few of those can really make up for digging some tabs. Now in a park, I agree, it's not worth the effort digging those thousands of "below nickel" signals, but, at the beach, just scoop and go on to the next one.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold? Gold is where you find it. Sports fields - Baseball; Soccer; Frisbee; Football. In parks near swings and slides where Mommies lose them playing with their toddlers, and in large open fields where folks throw and catch stuff. Jogging and walking paths where folks take off gloves, shake out their hands and lose necklaces. Private homes in back and front yards. Remember, gold is precious to folks so for the most part it is lost the least.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread