A hobby among friends

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last year, I got one of my friends into the great hobby of metal detecting. He absolutely loves every find he gets. The other day he got three nickels in a row!!!:hello2: We're hoping to go hunting again next week, but this time he wants to bring one of his friends from his work. I've never hunted with two other people with detectors in my life so I think it would be interesting. GL & HH!!!
:skullflag::skullflag::skullflag:

Upvote 0

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
make a pool contest hunt out of it.gold=buy beer after etc.most quarters.We have a little deal where who ever is the last one to find a ring,any ring,we refer to them as ring worm untill someone else hits a ring.
I hunt alone mostly but have a blast hunting with my buddies...we find ways to crack up all day...walkie talkies are fun also

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
We usually hunt in pairs, but sometimes as many as a half dozen will attend. It is always fun to have a little friendly competition! GL&HH.

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I wish I had some people to hunt with. The wife and friends just arent into it. My only detecting partner is my 2.5 yr old daughter when she wants to go haha. Dont get me wrong I love detecting with her but id love to detect with others too lol

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:occasion14:Way to promote the hobby! Happy Hunting

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I wish I had some people to hunt with. The wife and friends just arent into it. My only detecting partner is my 2.5 yr old daughter when she wants to go haha. Dont get me wrong I love detecting with her but id love to detect with others too lol

Well what part of the country are you in, maybe through the forum you can find a hunting partner. I've picked up a couple occasional partners here but I already have many from my club. If you were near me id invite you along with our group just so you can join in. A group makes it more fun, competition is part of it, camaraderie and the joking that goes on all day makes it well worth it even if the finds aren't up to par.

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Central va here badger :)

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions