Help me identify pls. Possible civil war camp finds??

southernbeauty

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2014
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II
White's Prizm II
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picture 183.jpg Picture 184.jpg Picture 185.jpg Picture 186.jpg Picture 187.jpg Picture 188.jpg Picture 189.jpg Picture 190.jpg Picture 191.jpg Picture 192.jpg Picture 193.jpg Picture 194.jpg

I found all of the following items while digging an old homesite. The button I know. Union Infantry? The buckle with the celtic cross really intrigues me. Would love any help. :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
southernbeauty

southernbeauty

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2014
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II
White's Prizm II
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The second and third picture are the same item. I stood it up in the 3rd. It has initials Wc. Or Mc...

OP
OP
southernbeauty

southernbeauty

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2014
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II
White's Prizm II
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one? Come on guys...these are the best items I've ever found. Does the chain seem to be modern? It looks Civil war era to me, but that's why I asked. The metal piece with the celtic cross was found right beside the button. All the other items were found very close to it as well. All except the bullet. It was found in the corner of the field.

Ranger121

Apr 7, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites Amphibian II
Bounty Hunter
All good stuff, SB. The chain? hard to say....pre-modern welding, all chains were hand wrought and hammer welded...look for those kind of welds with strike marks. I've found a couple of axe heads too,,,still got 'em somewhere. Never a pick-ax tho. Thinking lipstick tube on that slider looking thing. ??? HH

OP
OP
southernbeauty

southernbeauty

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2014
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II
White's Prizm II
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much Ranger! I will look at the chain. I've detected on and off for 10 yrs now, but before now I always got discouraged by all the trash. I dug bags of trash before I found this stuff, so I'm hoping there is a lot more that I just haven't found yet.

Digging Deeper

Jan 12, 2013
Mississippi Gulf Ciast
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i D2 & 5.3
Garrett AT Pro stock
Bounty Hunter 505
Cheap UW PI
Whites TRX
Garrett Pro pointer
Vibra-Quatic 2
Just wandering what part of alabama were you hunting. Mobile or northern?

OP
OP
southernbeauty

southernbeauty

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2014
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II
White's Prizm II
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Dirtdogg. These are the first nice things I have found. I have always wanted to detect the property, but I would get discouraged because all I dug was trash. I didn't know you had to dig all that out first. My family has owned the land since 1900 and I was beginning to think all that went on there was drinking booze and eating potted meat. lol I understand the start of the family problem of heart disease now. I dug today. Found a lock. Its old, but not that old. Also some sort of bracket that looks pretty old. It has numbers on it. Then I started digging in an area with a lot of glass. Kept getting hits so I started digging. I have found 10 intact old round glass milk bottles, newer whiskey bottles, mason jars...I dug till dark and had to quit so I didn't cut my hand off.

Dirtdogg

Greenie
Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like fun. Keep it up. On my machine a low pull tab tone could be a deep silver target. So I just dig all

OP
OP
southernbeauty

southernbeauty

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2014
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II
White's Prizm II
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I'm always hoping for! I have to keep my discrimination turned on to cancel out iron still. I guess its a carpet of nails out there. I thought my detector was tore up the first few times I detected there because it hits everywhere. I'm just now getting to turn it off in certain spots. I'm thinking now that it was an old trash dump. Cause I've found 4 metal lipstick tubes and from what I've read...it just seems to have been a dump at one time. I assume anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions