T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
003.JPG 018.JPG My first ring of the year!! It's a three diamond/10K ring. Any idea on what it's worth?? Almost forgot....weighs in at a whopping .15 oz.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the nice ring. Still looking for my 1st of the season.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sweet !!!
on value...go to ebay and see what like rings are selling at.As far as the(maybe)diamonds there is actually little to no scrap value for them.they do represent resale value though.The puritest metals testing kit on amazon has a diamond tester(i have that one)in it also.10k,unless quite old,is usually cz stones.
cheers

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
at 4.25 grams, the 10K gold is worth about $67 in melt (today's value) You can calculate value based on % spread.

Personally, I simply google the melt value of "whatever carat" gold it is. There's several sites out there that will auto-calculate according to weight...

Most gold/silver shops will give you 75% without a batted eye. Find the right place and you can get 90%.

Best option is to sell it on craigslist or something (though that can take a while).

Before you sell, unless it's by weight, polish the ring. Gold and silver polish very well, and it'll remove any scratches in the surface. You can use a professional buffer, but there's no reason to. Personally, I use a drill with a rag wrapped on a drill bit, with a little car wax. I hold the ring in my left hand (with a glove on), and pull the drill button (it's setting on a bench) with my right. I just have a standard battery operated drill, nothing special, with a red shop rag. Turns old rings into new. Here's one I did last Thursday:

Out of the Ground:
Out of Ground.JPG

Polished with Drill/Rag (you can see the red shop rag wrapped drill bit behind it)
Polish.JPG

Wiped down, and in the light.
Looks New.JPG

This style ring (CTR) is $235 new from pretty much everywhere for the 14K. Melt value is somewhere around $30. Asking $80 on Craigslist. It's not worth selling for just $30, considering new silver ones are $49-$69. Someone will pick it up!

With the polish it's darn near back to new condition.

Probably the same for your diamond ring with a little attention. Shouldn't have any problem getting $100-150 out of it.

Skippy

OP
OP
T.C.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the good info Skippy!! I'm headed out to my shop, right now!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions