Depth and Detectors Recommendaitions?

infidelsaint

May 29, 2010
Hoping for advice/feedback based upon experience from Old Hands in the field...

I have owned Compass, Garrett, Whites in the past (relic/cache hunting). However, I am facing something different now; highly mineralized ground with gold and silver objects located at depths of a meter (39 inches) or more.

I think I am in need of two machines; one that can pick up smaller Ag and Au objects at deeper depths AND a detector that can reach down 3 or more meters for caches (both under mineralized conditions).

Recommendations based upon experience please?

Thank you for your time and consideraton.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will depend on the size of the target and the degree of ground mineralization. For larger objects deeper than a meter, you would need a two box unit such as the White's TM808. Small items will be hard (and costly) to detect a one meter+ depths. The new Minelab GPZ7000 would probably give you your best chance at it.

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cudamark is spot on with respect to Minelab's gpz7000. This unit will locate a speck of tin foil at 4 ft in highly mineralized ground! I'm only speaking from experience. Please note, if you go with this model, purchase a back brace because you will dig, and dig, and be digging even more after that! The gold found at every level will get louder and louder the deeper you dig. Pretty soon, your target will turn up, and amaze your senses. The only requirement would be patience. The machine won't let you down, ever! Good luck in your search, and HH.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... with gold and silver objects located at depths of a meter (39 inches) or more....

How big are these "gold and silver objects" suspected to be ?

...... I think I am in need of two machines; one that can pick up smaller Ag and Au objects at deeper depths AND a detector that can reach down 3 or more meters for caches .....

How small ?

As for the cache (jar and toaster size) part of your question: Get a TM-808.

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cudamark, I agree with you, that"s what I would do

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread