First three ring hunt!

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tonight after my kids Boys Scouts Court of Honor, I took the boys went to a tot lot at a local park to play at the park (they run around, I detect).

Was there for only about an hour and found THREE rings! It was my first three ring hunt. Very stoked!

All three have amount to pretty much costume jewelry, but they're still fun.

The large one with jewels is marked 18K HGE (Hydrostatic Gold Electroplate). Basically, gold plate, no value, but TONS of fun... especially when one of my nieces will receive it. :) I'm still not sure if I want to count that as a "gold ring." Anyone care to weigh in?

Of the other two, the one with the green band turned out to be a Mood Ring! Color changed while cleaning it... weirded me out for a second until I recalled rings of my youth that did that. LOL

The last is also a great kid ring with "Best Friend" on it.

The hunt ended up with the three rings, an earring, about 8 pennies, a quarter, and a 5 centavos from Honduras (of all things... stuff like that just makes me think someone's Grandma went on a cruise and brought back change for their grandkid, LOL). The associated gum wrappers and token can tops were of course, also found.

I had a great night, and it also goes to show that metal detecting is a RENEWABLE RESOURCE... I hunt this park once a month. Every time, I find stuff...

Cheers! Skippy

IMG_2301.JPG

Edit... not sure why two photos showed up. I tried deleting the one when I originally posted, because it was sideways... Ah well... Technology...

Attachments

• IMG_2301.JPG
    IMG_2301.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
Upvote 0

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Skippy, rings are always a fun find ! :occasion14:

OP
OP
S

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That big gold one rang up like a beast. Was only about an inch under. I even called the kids over saying, "ooh, that sounds like a good signal!" They got to watch the find, and got all excited with me. Love sharing that part. :)

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Skippy that's a good hunt!

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That big gold one rang up like a beast. Was only about an inch under. I even called the kids over saying, "ooh, that sounds like a good signal!" They got to watch the find, and got all excited with me. Love sharing that part. :)
You might want to be a bit careful doing that. I've had kids grab and run with targets. Also, a friend of mine lost a nice gold ring at the beach one day by showing it to someone. They claimed the ring was theirs and called the police. They were able to describe it, because, DOH, they just closely looked at it!

OP
OP
S

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You might want to be a bit careful doing that. I've had kids grab and run with targets. Also, a friend of mine lost a nice gold ring at the beach one day by showing it to someone. They claimed the ring was theirs and called the police. They were able to describe it, because, DOH, they just closely looked at it!

Let me rephrase that. I called MY kids over. :) They were the only ones in the park. I don't call ANYTHING out, when I'm hunting with other folks around. For the reasons you know and called out!

-Skippy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread