Wild Orange Thing Not So Wild

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
I bought a new Minelab Advantage in January and so far, it seems to be worth keeping. Today I received a new Coiltek 15" Wild Orange Thing and it did not work. The detector emitted the same sound as when no coil is connected. Maybe the latest Advantages have a new pin-out arrangement, or Coiltek sent the vendor a defective coil. I just e-mailed the vendor about returning the coil - I won't until I get his approval for a return. In the meantime, the 10" coil works fine! I like metered detectors but will forgo a meter **if** a detector gets the deep stuff my other detectors have missed.

Upvote 0

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder if they sent you the Sovereign WOT coil. Stacks of them sold but not many Musketeer/Advantage ones.

Brian

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definately Something Wrong with the Coil.

the.

"Wonderful Orange Thing" Lives up to its name.

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
I had a similar problem when I ordered the 15" coil and waterproof connectors for my excalibur. A quick call to coiltek's customer service resolved the problem (different colored wire in the pin set up)

Got it all hooked up and it runs perfect
steve

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
The WOT is great on my EX-2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread