Metal detecting trip 10/5/2015

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, its been around a month since I last managed to find some time to get out detecting but today I found a couple of spare hours.

So armed with the makro racer I hit the river humber foreshore at hessle for some sloppy mud searching. This is the first time I have used the racer down there and a test I was very eager to make. The conditions down there are less than perfect with lots of iron infestation from the building of the bridge and also the water is a fresh\salty mix. I decided the best route to go was to use the beach mode to over come any mineralisation.

I must say the racer was spot on, although a tad noisy with all the iron around. I have tried this area with many machines and this is definatly up there with the best.

The finds we're not plentyful but I was more than happy with them. Some modern stuff and also my fave find of the day which was a weird hand made lead whale, I believe it has got some age to it due to the fact that the idea I found it on has only ever produced older finds. Watch the video and let me know what you think of the whale, guesses of its age would be very much appreciated.

Link to video of today's trip
https://youtu.be/POthqthdZjU

Happy hunting all

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread