Eastern Idaho Invite...

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy everyone. I am going to be on our property near Ashton, ID from June 10th to the 17th. There is a ton of history on our property, including an old privy, two old cabin foundations, native American artifacts, and an old lumber mill. Most of it is from the late 1800's. I don't know if anyone has ever MD'd it before, but I'd bet not. Anyhow, this is an open invite to you all. I am fairly new to MD'ing, and would love the chance to watch a master at work. The catch? You'll have to endure a bunch of stupid questions from me. I might beg you to let me buy back some of your finds also... mostly interested in arrowheads.

So, who wants to go play?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't received the response I was thinking I would, so I thought I'd clear something up. When I say I'm fairly new, I mean I've got close to 400 hours on my GTI and a hundred or so on my Whites CM 6000/d. I'm new, but the green is mostly washed off. I really won't bother you with questions, and in fact, most of the time you'll probably be detecting on your own. I really don't want to buy your finds from you, nor do I expect you to give me anything you find. I would really like to see them though, as the property has been in my family since day one, and any/all relics are of great interest to me. I don't really care how many days you want to hunt; as long as we're there, you're welcome to hunt your guts out.

Someone did PM me asking if they could bring their TH group with them and camp on the property -- in short, sorry, that isn't possible. I will be hosting upwards of 50 people that week, and while the property is large enough to handle 5x that number, I don't have it in me to worry about what's going on outside of the folks I already know. I hope you all understand.

Some of you guys undoubtedly live hundreds of miles away, and have not given this any thought because of that. I think you'll regret not going once I post the wrap-up... (now watch, it will totally suck and I'll look like a *******) Come on, just PM me and let's go.

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I were closer to you I'd be there in a heart beat! Mighty generous of you! I hope you get at least a few takers.

HH Randy

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Can I get a raincheck on this? I am normally in Idaho Falls for a week or so a
few times a year, but not in your time window.

OP
OP
T

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to spend every summer up there when I was a kid, but now only make it back every couple of years. I live about nine hours away, which means Disney Land is closer -- when the family is involved, much to my pissing, moaning, and protesting, Disney usually wins. In theory, a raincheck sounds awesome. In reality, I don't know if I'll be back for another couple of years.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would have been great when I lived in Orem. E TN is so far away. A really nice gesture on your part though.

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it wasn't 2,000+ miles away I'd be there in a heartbeat. I like finding old stuff, but I also like helping people learn their detector and enjoy the hobby more. Been doing it for more than 35 years now and love it as much now as ever.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh, distance is a factor with me also, but would like to say that is a kind offer you put forth -

moosescout

Jan 22, 2015
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to spend every summer up there when I was a kid, but now only make it back every couple of years. I live about nine hours away, which means Disney Land is closer -- when the family is involved, much to my pissing, moaning, and protesting, Disney usually wins. In theory, a raincheck sounds awesome. In reality, I don't know if I'll be back for another couple of years.

I sent you a PM.. I live in Pocatello and would like to be there just let me know. Sound like you must be in St. George.. I graduated from Dixie High many moons ago. Anyway just let me know.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Dave,
I live in Blackfoot, and may be interested.....just don't have my schedule nailed down for that week. Supposed to go to Montana somewhere in that period. Stay in touch.
Jim

moosescout

Jan 22, 2015
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dave,
I live in Blackfoot, and may be interested.....just don't have my schedule nailed down for that week. Supposed to go to Montana somewhere in that period. Stay in touch.
Jim

Hi Jim,
I still need to get together with you. Just haven't had time.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Jim,
I still need to get together with you. Just haven't had time.
LOl...I know how that is. How'd you do down south? Any good finds? I've been out prospecting several times this spring. Just got back from the area south of Oakley. Didn't have any luck, but still a good trip. Mostly found old cartridges, bullets, even an old, broken knife blade. Had a Great Horned owl attack Heidi (heeler cross)...almost took her head off from the back...LOL. Scared her at first, and then she got really mad....ha. I think there must have been a young owl on the round nearby...that didn't dawn on me until a couple of hours later.
Jim

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I'll be out of town on business unfortunately. If you do another one of these open invites in the future, let us know. It's a bit of a drive for me but it would make for a nice mini-vacation. I don't get out enough.

OP
OP
T

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Alright, I've got a couple of people lined up over a couple of days. Assuming everyone shows up or doesn't cancel, I think I'm gonna shut this down for now.

If you'd like to still come, send me a PM anyhow and I'll start an "emergency/short notice contact list" in case someone can't make it or something.

Thank you all for your interest and kind words -- I hope this sucker isn't a huge let down! (Now I'm all nervous n' junk)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread