Which metal detectors work better where strong EMI interference exists .....

SpudDaddy

Tenderfoot
May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking at getting back into Metal Detecting after 25 years ..... The last detector I used back in the day was a Bounty Hunter RB-7. I did own a Garret Ace 250 I bought to locate property markers but I did not like it - it did not pinpoint in the center of the coil.

So the 250 is gone and I am looking at a new detector. I have permission to detect on two farms - one will have a cell tower placed on it in the next 6 months and another has a major electrical transmission line running through it. So I assume I will need a metal detector that will tolerate EMI interference.

I have been looking at Teknetics, Fisher, Minelab and Whites. Can users share which current models are good and bad with EMI based off of your experience? I can't afford to buy a new model until I get it right ...... Looking for useful feedback - not flame war type stuff xyz brand sucks .....

I am not sure how much I will spend yet - looking at detectors from $300 (Eurotek, F44) to mid/high (T2,VX3). I am really interested in feedback on the VX3 and Eurotek.

Any feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking at getting back into Metal Detecting after 25 years ..... The last detector I used back in the day was a Bounty Hunter RB-7. I did own a Garret Ace 250 I bought to locate property markers but I did not like it - it did not pinpoint in the center of the coil.

So the 250 is gone and I am looking at a new detector. I have permission to detect on two farms - one will have a cell tower placed on it in the next 6 months and another has a major electrical transmission line running through it. So I assume I will need a metal detector that will tolerate EMI interference.

I have been looking at Teknetics, Fisher, Minelab and Whites. Can users share which current models are good and bad with EMI based off of your experience? I can't afford to buy a new model until I get it right ...... Looking for useful feedback - not flame war type stuff xyz brand sucks .....

I am not sure how much I will spend yet - looking at detectors from $300 (Eurotek, F44) to mid/high (T2,VX3). I am really interested in feedback on the VX3 and Eurotek.

Any feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated!

The Whites are great machines when it comes to EMI
Metal Detectors - Metaldetectors Products

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread