Dec 7, 2012
Muskegon/Fruiptort
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20150517_152829.jpg 20150517_152833.jpg
Made this for metal detecting in the lake along shore. It worked great, only issue was keeping metal detector dry while trying to shovel. I clipped the md to my waders but it was in the way. May have to redesign so there's a spot to safely rest the md while digging. Had fun either way. Oh and it was a bust today, only found junk iron and pop cans.

Maybe tomorrow

Upvote 0

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1162635 View attachment 1162634
Made this for metal detecting in the lake along shore. It worked great, only issue was keeping metal detector dry while trying to shovel. I clipped the md to my waders but it was in the way. May have to redesign so there's a spot to safely rest the md while digging. Had fun either way. Oh and it was a bust today, only found junk iron and pop cans.

Maybe tomorrow

OOoh cool idea with the PVC. I like the thought process there. I'm assuming you simply tossed material in, then shook the contraption, yes?

-Skippy

OP
OP
BobbysFace

BobbysFace

Greenie
Dec 7, 2012
Muskegon/Fruiptort
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. Yes used a laundry basket and 1/2inch plastic fencing. It nearly sifted itself. Shake a little and it was clean. Floated perfectly.

OP
OP
BobbysFace

BobbysFace

Greenie
Dec 7, 2012
Muskegon/Fruiptort
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. I was in a weedy swampy area so it was messy. But when I did sand it was clean.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread