WOW - we hunted an abandoned 1700s house and I made a lifetime find!!

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro; White's VX3, MXT All Pro, Treasure Pro, Treasuremaster, MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi friends and fellow treasure hunters!
We had an amazing opportunity to truly save history last week. We were given permission to metal detect this abandoned house and surrounding land before a new hospital is being built there (bulldozers are already scheduled)...I am SO glad we went!! Saved history from being buried forever under layers of concrete.....I feel very honored. I thank you for watching & as usual, there are no ads in my videos, I simply want to share this amazing experience with like-minded folks.
https://youtu.be/J4Mn2wmuaeo

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dominique fix the link, awesome hunt. By the way those AR-15s are very nice !

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Interesting that they were so far from the house. Campsite maybe? Hopefully they'll save some of the lumber from those buildings. You didn't find a privy to dig?

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should really head back there every evening when the dozers stop working. They'll dig up some deeper stuff, maybe a cache????

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro; White's VX3, MXT All Pro, Treasure Pro, Treasuremaster, MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you!! And thank you for pointing out faulty link!! You're awesome.

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering the same thing - no idea why all those buttons were at the far edge of the backyard...obviously there was some increased activity in that area. A campsite is certainly a possibility! Thank you for watching!

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great idea! I will see if I can arrange it....I love that shark pic you have on your post, btw, they are my favorite animal. Thank you for watching!!

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for posting the link! That is very nice of you!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As soon as you said there is writing on that big button I knew what you had.... Very few buttons that size say anything, except of course for the GW ones.

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With all of the apparel accessories, I think you must have been under an old clothesline, lol. Congrats on the GW button!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all of the apparel accessories, I think you must have been under an old clothesline, lol. Congrats on the GW button!
If they were closer to the house, I would think that too. No way a housewife would want to walk that far with heavy wet clothes to stick them on the line. I would think either a camp or burn pile.

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good point! burn pile sounds like a very good possibility!

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a once in a lifetime find! It's a shame that more history will soon be lost to development! I would try to go back after the bulldozers move in and before they pour concrete!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another very nice video from you. You have some great sites! I enjoy your field hunts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread