May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
What is your preferred method of protecting your better finds as you continue to dig? Do you bag the more valuable coins separately? Do you put them in old prescription bottles separated by layers of cotton balls to prevent them scratching each other?

I've dug plenty of clad which just goes into the same pouch pocket, but I'm in the planning stages of a hunt in an area that hasn't seen any significant human activity in over 75 years and I don't want to inadvertently damage anything valuable that I recover.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The older coppers I find are normally coated by a green build up which protect the coin until it is cleaned, these go in my pants pocket. All others "silver" have not been key dates and just go in my coin pouch. The biggest threat of damage is striking the coin with your digging tool.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Pill bottle, dusty and label removed, with multiple pieces of paper towel allowing a few coins to be layered goes in trash pocket.
Showing clad coins or trash can be done without revealing the older coins that way too.
So far no problem as three seems to be a mysterious limit somehow..:laughing7:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I see pill bottles usually. One guy uses a little Dukes mayo plastic jar for his "good" coins.

I just put all of the coins in the pouch, and sort them when I get home. I don't dig any really good coins, so I don't worry about that much. GL&HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread