Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
in dry sand pro zero iron desc as you see fit...in the wet std mode coin,sens down 3 notches...just general advice..play with it and ground balance often.in water dont touch bottom if you can help it.

Its a single freq.machine and like all others it wont be the best in wet but can still be a fun hunt
gl

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for information I appreciate it

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ground balance between 0-20 manually on the wet sand , turn sensitivity down a few notches. Good targets will hit loudly through the chatter. Oh, And there are good burgers at The Spot on the seawall ;-)

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
If your not real familiar with the settings on the ATP, just ground balance the thing frequently. Metal, has some good advice on the sensitivity down a bit. Good luck!!

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks and I wish I had sandscoop, in nm all you is digger

swVa

Feb 16, 2015
Christiansburg Va.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got back from Myrtle Beach SC. I also took my ATpro, sensitivity 3 notches from max anything higher was lots of chatter. I always use pro zero mode. Discrimination probably won't matter much. I found lots of clad coins and small pieces of like rusted flakes from who knows what.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT Pro is pretty much useless at the saltwater beaches in SC because of more black sand. There a multi freq detector would work at max sens. without chatter or very little. At 3 less than max you are seriously lacking depth. Now this is in the wet sand, your okay in the dry sand.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Need help please. What are good settings for the at pro for hunting on a beach? I usually use my T2 and hunt unfamiliar with the aT pro, I'll be in Galveston Texas thus weekend
There aren't any, sorry. Just being honest. There are ways to "get it" to work, but you would just be kidding yourself.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several members claim they get the AT to run best in Standard mode. I only used one a few weeks and only once in salt. I was able to get it GB down to around 15-20 in wet salt and it ran pretty stable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used pro mode Sen 3 bars disc at 33 and and ground balance at 17 it's was chattering on wet sand , all my finds were on dry sand two gold rings

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Use the hammer supplied with the machine. Hit it three times on one side, and then give it two good whacks on the other. If it's still working, hit it again!

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use the hammer supplied with the machine. Hit it three times on one side, and then give it two good whacks on the other. If it's still working, hit it again!

Most Garrett's will require the extra hit....as they are TUFF!

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
I am going to Florida next month. Down around Daytona, I have an AT Pro. Any suggestions?

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Myrtle Beach in wet sand ground balance at 13-14, sensitivity 3 from the top, iron at 40. Even then it would not go more than about 4" in the wet sand. When going to the beach I now leave it in the closet.
It is great in dry sand. From the condo to the water usually required 3 re balances. Once for dry, once when I hit the high tide mark but still dry sand and once when I hit the wet sand. If I forgot to do it the falsing started. Use the iron audio to dry to eliminate those bottle caps and tiny chips of iron.

The ATP is a dry and fresh water machine that can be used occasionally with mixed results in salt water. Ideal for someone whose salt water hunting is a couple of outings on the family vacation.

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya while in Galveston tx ,in wet sand w as noisy I dug a 4in hole in wet sand and and put a dime and atpro couldn't detect it but it worked great on dry sand

MD-Mainiac

Jun 16, 2015
Maryland
Detector(s) used
BH Platinum and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When you get falsing on the AT Pro in wet sand or water, does it 'false' at 99 on the scale?

Last edited:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Save time and frustration.
Don't use ATPros on saltwater beaches.
Settings, can and will be discussed at length, but the end results will be the same.
Don't use ATPros on saltwater beaches.
GL
Peace ✌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread