Mar 22, 2015
N.C
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Diggers,
I am formally requesting help and advice from experienced hunters of older houses and yards. I have been detecting many 1890's and 1920's houses, but no silver. I don't expect its my machine( Tesoro Vaquero). All i have pulled are two wheat cents and they are almost 60 years older than the house. I need advice on the best areas of the yard that produce silver and finding houses that will actually produce. What are the signs and signals? Where to hunt? How do you decide if this house is going to produce silver? I really love the hobby and am just turning from park hunting to coinshooting and treasure hunting, I would really like some pointers so please help me out.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Tesorohunter

Mar 22, 2015
N.C
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
is the houses in town or in the country? how deep was your wheats? think of it as hunted hard so look at the lay out of the land and hit the spots that would be a pain to hunt because most people wont hunt those spots.

These would all be in the original town site, the first wheat was about 3" down and itss a 58 and the other was about 4" down and has a hard to read date. I have suspected that some of the yards may have been hunted, but none of the homeowners have told me the yard has been hunted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread