Detekniks All Terain PP the new orange one, or any AA powered PPs?

Backstrap80

May 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im looking to buy a couple pinpointers that use AA batteries. (9Vs cost too much) I currently use the TRX and love the depth but for some reason my recovery speed is longer than with a Garrett etc. Im not sure if its the overload feature or what. So does anyone know anything about this new PP Detekniks is coming out with or any other AA powered PP's I can look at? Thanks.

Upvote 0

RX8

Jun 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had an original Xpointer that I had issues with (battery connection). I had sent in twice for repairs and it needed to go in for a third time. Deteknix instead shipped me the Wader Li which is the orange Xpointer. It works just the same as the Xpointer (which is very good with the exception of small foil). The big difference though is that it is powered by a Lithium Ion rechargeable battery. I had three solid hunts on the same charge so battery life is not an issue. The old Xpointer felt real solid and this one does as well. The power button is much improved too.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The new X3 version runs off of either a 9V or two AA batteries so you can pick your poison. It's also submersible to 3 meters. I have no idea if it's available yet.

I just got the original XPointer and I really like it. If the AA version is anything like the 9V it should be pretty good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread