Greenville NC

ralphmcnutt

Apr 13, 2011
I am new to Greenville NC and I am looking for people to go metal detecting with. I have found old coins, rings, and civil war artifacts and have good luck finding old bottles and overlooked items at historical sites. If you are in the area and would like to go metal detecting, search for Indian artifacts, or dig fossils then send me a message. I use a water proof whites beach hunter so I have no problem metal detecting in the river or streams as well.

Upvote 0

Mandraik

Mar 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey glad to find someone in Greenville nc I am a little new to detecting but love it so far. I would love to meet up and go detecting. I have an awesome permission out in Kinston on a friends land where the battle of wyse fork occurred. I have a garret ace 350 but should be getting an upgrade soon. My email is manning.charles.rn @gmail.com. I've been reading a book about the wyse fork battle and have battle maps too. There were tons of confederate fortifications along southwest creek as well. Please hit me up I've been looking a detecting partner for a long time now. My cell is 252-375-7728. Call me or shoot me an email!!! Hope to heAr from you soon.

The Dirt Fisherman

Oct 2, 2015
Greensboro NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta/Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang it. You guys are like 3 hours away from me. I'm in greensboro. Feel free to check me out on instagram though. I'm the_dirt_fisherman. Happy hunting fellas

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just north of you guys in edenton(colonial town). Would love to get in on some of the hunting with others. Ive been doing solo as I dont know anyone to go with. Got a vintage excal sword and the xp deus. send me a PM. Tried your email. Not valid

Last edited:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys are too far away from me too. I would love to spoil the fun!

Keep On Diggin

May 13, 2013
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Coinmaster GT, Technetics Delta, Eurotek Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Used to be in Greensboro. Now in Columbia SC. Darn it.

thaigler

Jul 27, 2016
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesero Bandidio, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am just north of you guys in edenton(colonial town). Would love to get in on some of the hunting with others. Ive been doing solo as I dont know anyone to go with. Got a vintage excal sword and the xp deus. send me a PM. Tried your email. Not valid

I seem to fall in between all of you Lexington, NC (can bring BBQ and cold PBR if needed :laughing7:) I also go down to my Dads ( 94 years old) at lake Norman to check on him on the weekend . We will eventually move there so I will be closer to the people around Charlotte

WelzTheGreat

Sep 9, 2020
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Just a reg. Treasure Cove metal detector and a water proof pin pointer device. I'll upgrade as I go.
1 dual-sided fishing magnet that pulls up to 760lbs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon Ralph, my name is Welbon. I moved to Greenville last May, love the area ever since and I didn't start my ventures until April 2020. I created a Youtube channel for magnet fishing but I also metal detect, clean up the waterways,motivate the youth to get outdoors and become leaders in their own communities. I know this is a late reply to your post but i'm just seeing it. I hope to chat one day and to any other treasure hunters in the Greenville are, have a good one guys. My channel -> http://bit.ly/HFTUsub & my channel's business email -> [email protected]

WelzTheGreat

Sep 9, 2020
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Just a reg. Treasure Cove metal detector and a water proof pin pointer device. I'll upgrade as I go.
1 dual-sided fishing magnet that pulls up to 760lbs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Sounds interesting

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:hello:

whistler84

Jun 9, 2015
BEAN FIELD ,IL
Detector(s) used
Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this any close to Marshfield, as i have a family member farm there i have been invited to detect. Very promising on buried treasures

whistler84

Jun 9, 2015
BEAN FIELD ,IL
Detector(s) used
Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this any close to Marshville?, as i have a family member farm there i have been invited to detect. Very promising on buried treasures

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to Greenville NC and I am looking for people to go metal detecting with. I have found old coins, rings, and civil war artifacts and have good luck finding old bottles and overlooked items at historical sites. If you are in the area and would like to go metal detecting, search for Indian artifacts, or dig fossils then send me a message. I use a water proof whites beach hunter so I have no problem metal detecting in the river or streams as well.

[h=2]Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald and More![/h]Most people are surprised to hear that rubies, sapphires, and emeralds have been found in North Carolina. They are even more surprised when they learn that there are about a dozen locations in North Carolina where anyone can look for gemstones and keep anything that they find.

[h=2]Gold Too![/h]The first gold discovery in the United States was made in North Carolina in 1799 by Conrad Reed. He found an interesting - and very heavy - yellow rock in Little Meadow Creek, which flowed across the farm owned by his parents in Cabarrus County. The rock weighed seventeen pounds, but young Reed didn't know that its extreme weight was caused by its gold content. He took the rock home, where his family thought that it was an interesting rock and used it as a door stop for the next few years.
They speculated that the rock might contain gold but did not know how to confirm that. In 1802 John Reed, who was the property owner and Conrad's father, showed it to a Fayetteville jeweler who purchased it from him for $3.50 - a very tiny fraction of what the rock was worth at that time!
The following year John Reed determined that Meadow Creek on his property contained an abundance of gold nuggets. They could be produced by digging the creek's sediments, washing them, and separating the nuggets out by hand. He formed a partnership with a few of his neighbors, who agreed to provide slave labor to mine the gold during times of the year when the slaves were not needed to tend crops. Thus the first gold mine in the United States opened with slave labor in 1803. By 1924 they had recovered over $100,000 worth of gold.
Word spread that Reed's Gold Mine was producing a lot of gold, and people all over the state began searching their streams for gold. Many of them bought gold pans, and went to work in the streams to find gold. A few of them found gold veins along the streams, and underground mining began on several properties. Gold-bearing quartz veins were found on Reed's property, and underground mining began in 1831.
North Carolina was the leading gold-producing state until 1848 when the California Gold Rush began. Production in North Carolina gradually decreased until the early 1900s, when almost all of the mines had closed. Today lots of people still look for gold in North Carolina - and find some of them find it. They mostly work with metal detectors and gold pans

MD_DET_001

Greenie
Jan 6, 2021
Detector(s) used
White's Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I seem to fall in between all of you Lexington, NC (can bring BBQ and cold PBR if needed :laughing7:) I also go down to my Dads ( 94 years old) at lake Norman to check on him on the weekend . We will eventually move there so I will be closer to the people around Charlotte

With this fellow being in Lexington....I KNOW he can bring some awesome Barbecue.
For almost a year, I worked in the Lexington NC area and it is the Barbecue capitol of the State....the BBQ Mafia is strong there! Ha, ha,
Most every place is good...a select few are outstanding....and locals can engage quite the discussion and debate as to which place is "Best." I guess two of my favorites were "Barbecue Center" and "Lexington Barbecue."

MD_DET_001

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread