We metal detected a 1700 house near a Revolutionary War Cemetery!!

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro; White's VX3, MXT All Pro, Treasure Pro, Treasuremaster, MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi fellow treasure hunters!!
We visited this beautiful, old cemetery in the woods to pay our respect to the heroes who fought for the independence of this nation so long ago, and afterwards detected the yard of a 1784 house right around the corner. Amazing finds, including a very unique one. So excited!! LOVE history!! Thanks for watching!! As always, videos are short w/ no advertisement.

https://youtu.be/bIbB1zoegcQ

Upvote 0

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great hunt !! The pocket watch is way cool :thumbsup:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great video! Thanks for sharing.

tabman

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your videos are so great! :)

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
not going to lie, but the BEST part of the video was seeing the flag on that Revolutionary War veteran's tombstone.

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro; White's VX3, MXT All Pro, Treasure Pro, Treasuremaster, MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't agree more!! That made my day, seeing that someone brought flags into that little cemetery in the woods...Thanks for watching!

not going to lie, but the BEST part of the video was seeing the flag on that Revolutionary War veteran's tombstone.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt, but awfully big holes for little targets. I sure wouldn't let you on my lawn with shovels. Pin pointing must be becoming a lost art, Most of my old hunting buddies and I never make a hole more than 3-4" diameter to find coin sized targets down to 8-9". Many of the newer generation of hunters seem to like the shovels and don't seem to get with the good pin pointing techniques that would negate the need for shovels and large holes. Just my personal opinion, but I feel I must speak since we have had a few public areas closed due to sloppy hunters with shovels in my area, and refused permission at private sites due to others making big holes and/or leaving messes behind.

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! I honestly feel that we are doing a fine job covering up behind us. I always go over the area after and ensure that no trace of us having dug at a spot is visible. The homeowner was more than satisfied with how we left the lawn. In fact, when we asked permission and I pointed out that we don't leave holes, he waved me off mid sentence, he couldn't care less. Nevertheless - Mark and I have been scoring some amazing permissions in our area with pristine lawns. Word has traveled and it never is a problem for us. I do; however, appreciate your concerns and thank you for pointing out the issue. I have personally come across sloppy holes as well - we're talking craters left behind, often with unwanted targets sitting next to the hole. And that's not the image I want us detectorists to have.

I thank you for watching and writing and wish you happy hunting!!

Nice hunt, but awfully big holes for little targets. I sure wouldn't let you on my lawn with shovels. Pin pointing must be becoming a lost art, Most of my old hunting buddies and I never make a hole more than 3-4" diameter to find coin sized targets down to 8-9". Many of the newer generation of hunters seem to like the shovels and don't seem to get with the good pin pointing techniques that would negate the need for shovels and large holes. Just my personal opinion, but I feel I must speak since we have had a few public areas closed due to sloppy hunters with shovels in my area, and refused permission at private sites due to others making big holes and/or leaving messes behind.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who won the bet?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
applause.gif

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tiger won the bet! Definitely not a shaving bowl, lol...it appears that it is some kind of spoon or Sommelier's cup for tasting liquids. I learned something new (and owe a scratch ticket)! Thank you for watching!!
Who won the bet?

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

This is not correct... I have been digging since the late 70's... If you did a small plug in the summer the grass will die and the plug will turn brown... If you did a large plug the grass stays alive. In the winter it does not matter. Mrs. Silverslinger is doing it correctly... Great job!

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta agree with Jedi. A larger, like 8", u shaped cut will allow the grass to get moisture where a small plug will dry out and leave a brown spot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gotta agree with Jedi. A larger, like 8", u shaped cut will allow the grass to get moisture where a small plug will dry out and leave a brown spot.

:) Thanks Mud... someone knows how this works... :)

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys...intuitively i always shoot for a nice Ushaped plug; the ones I test dug in my own yard last year are not see-able at all anymore (grass looks the same)...leaving the areas we dig as good as before is certainly our nr one concern, particularly on private residence hunts...
Happy digging, everybody!!

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice video, looked like a fun hunt.

HH,

Pete

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys...intuitively i always shoot for a nice Ushaped plug; the ones I test dug in my own yard last year are not see-able at all anymore (grass looks the same)...leaving the areas we dig as good as before is certainly our nr one concern, particularly on private residence hunts...
Happy digging, everybody!!

Do not worry.... you are doing it the correct way & doing a great job! .... :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread