First time out with the AT Pro.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got the AT pro, yesterday. SO today I took it out to the same local park, i found my first Mercury dime. I detected for about 1 1/2hr, learning about the machine. At first it was really new to me, lots of different tones etc. I figure I dont have time to learn everything today, so i settled in Pro Coin mode. notched out everything from Iron to where I believe Zinc pennies were. Im sweeping along, finding some junk, some bottle caps, few coins copper pennies and dimes here and there. Mind you i already hit this area with my Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, so i was surprised and impressed that i am finding stuff with the AT pro. I thought i dug my first button, that round slightly domed thing with a squared hole in the center. Then I hit a signal that was STRONG, It gave a consistent bell tone. I knew it must be a coin, so i dug when i popped the plug up i saw something silver fall back into the hole. I looked down and in my head said WOW, my second Merc!. took it out rubbed it a little, just enough to see the date. 1937. Checked the hole with my PPer, filled it and got up and i just knew i had to take a picture of the dime with the At pro. Before getting the AT pro, i was thinking is the AT pro really that good? or is it just hype? however after this morning, Im a believer!

$0.66 in clad, 1 silver dime, from a total of 1.5 hour of hunting.

IMG_5338.JPG IMG_5339.JPG IMG_5340.JPG IMG_5341.JPG IMG_5343.JPG IMG_5344.JPG IMG_5345.JPG IMG_5346.JPG

Upvote 0

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice first outing, getting silver is always a plus! :occasion14: I always carry a small bottle with water to clear dates, never "Rub" any silver as it will scratch the coin.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not doing too bad with the new detector, :thumbsup: Nice merc, don't you just love to pull silver coins?? :occasion14:

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome. Love the mercs

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you are figuring out your machine. As with any machine you get better and better with time. I hunt pro zero I think? But coins are not my main objective but sure would not want to miss any! Nice hunt sir!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just wait until you get used to the pro...you aint seen nothin yet!

Ed-D

Jan 1, 2011
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Pro, NEL Hunter Coil, ACE Apex for the coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the find and on the new detector. As you learn the machine more you will have some great finds. No matter what machine you have, dig everything as best you can. I was able to buy the ATP as my first and only machine when I got started 3+ years ago. It's a great all around machine. The only iffy operation is at the ocean, but for me I might get to the ocean once a year... maybe. If I was a consistent ocean hunter I would get a different machine for that. I borrowed a friends Minelab eTrac which I think is a really good machine, but I didn't like it. The ATP's response time is way faster. I am sure there are a lot of good machines out there and it all depends on each persons likes/dislikes, but for me I have been real happy and fairly successful with the ATP.

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find , have Atpro and T2 and like both machines find nice stuff just recently found 2 gold rings with atpro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread