Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad. Not everyone is a treasure hunter. First you have to believe there's treasure. Some people just can't do that, so why would they look for something they don't believe exists.

But then that leaves more for you!
I'm considered the "family nut" for detecting....but then I realize what's out there. :icon_thumright: :laughing7:

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just like to find stuff. Doesn't matter what it is.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Trade him for a great detector...

And then you can make another one to look just like him in 9 months.

The next one might turn out a little nicer.

shadowulf

Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need to spend that "college fund" on him.

Where's that Minelab catalog?

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Few people see the excitement and the notion of discovery the way we do. Don't stress most young people including those my age would rather be partying and becoming even bigger ignoramuses. You can attempt to condition someone with good substantive values but at times society plays a bigger role.

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
how much can we get for the stuff you find ? ...todays kids are money ,money ,money .... let you find a gold ring that can get a hundred bucks at the local " scrap metals shop" (pawn shop) and he will see it as a money maker then... or tell him ==if we find some jewelry together --you can sell it and keep the cash off it (or you will sell it as most likely he is too young -- if not try fishing or hunting ..maybe those are more "his style"

how old is said "kid' and how old are you ?... to me he was sort of fricking rude to his pop I'd say ... he sounds teenagerish to me ..fresh mouth and sour additude -- and the why don't you get a job bit -- I 'd cut him off fiscally (except for basic food, clothes and shelter)and tell him --you want crap ,you get a job ..bucko..and if hes to young to get work --let him mower the neighbors yards or shovel snow in the winter ..your never to young to want crap ,so your not to young to work to fill those "wants"..not needs like basic food ,clothes and shelter which parent provide but the "extras' --the cell phone , the video games and stuff like that

remember be his DAD first and his buddy second...he may not always feel like he loves DAD ..but he should always have to respect DAD..no matter what.

Last edited:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's kinda like fishing, it's fun at first - but if your not catching anything, they lose interest.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I would have talked to my Dad like that, I would be picking myself up off of the ground!!

When I was young, my old man was so stupid, I could hardly stand to be around him. A few years later, I was amazed at how smart my father had become....Mark Twain.

shadowulf

Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I would have talked to my Dad like that, I would be picking myself up off of the ground!!

When I was young, my old man was so stupid, I could hardly stand to be around him. A few years later, I was amazed at how smart my father had become....Mark Twain.
My oldest is discovering the truth about the Twain quote.

We butted heads for most of his teen years. Now he's 20 and ask questions about stuff he "knew all about" a few years ago. But now the youngest is in them teen years.

On to "Round 2" [emoji16]

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
at 15 DAD is a drooling moron , but by 25 (about the time you have your first kid normally) --the old man has become a genius --amazing how much the "old man" learns in 10 short years

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread