XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Dirtslinger

Apr 6, 2013
Western Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000 w/NEL SS, Nokta Impact, Garrett Treasure Ace 300, Minelab Equinox 800, White's Coinmaster 4/DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate summer! Too much of everything. Heat, bugs, grass and sweat. Feeling like you been beat up after an hour of work is not at all worth the work in my neck of the woods. All of that stuff in the ground is there year round, I much prefer springtime right at the thaw.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like depositors.....

Yes certain specimens of depositors anyway!
It is imperative to have a good pair of shades! I lien the winter when the winds are right to uncover the older layers of hard packed sand.

Last edited:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hate summer! Too much of everything. Heat, bugs, grass and sweat. Feeling like you been beat up after an hour of work is not at all worth the work in my neck of the woods. All of that stuff in the ground is there year round, I much prefer springtime right at the thaw.

I absolutely LOVE summer. Spring is great too. Fall is okay but knowing what follows it bums me out.

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like depositors.....

The ones that aren't DRUNK anyway... Was at a local "beach" park around a man made lake over the weekend. One lady I got within earshot of, went on and on about how I wasn't going to get HER quarters, because she'd picked them up. I finally just waited for a pause in her slightly slurred speech, and told her pointedly, "Quarters are nice, but that's not what I'm looking for." I showed her a piece of trash, and just kept walking, allowing her drunken mind to draw the conclusion... which was funny, when she yelled out. "Oh, Sorry! Thanks for picking up the trash!" At that point, I just grinned and kept swinging.

It was the best I could do to get her to stop yammering. :)

-Skippy

CMan1

Nov 21, 2014
Treasure Coast 1715 Florida
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida yesterday screened porch wife said thermometer was 99.
By 8:30 am are cloth's are wet from humidity. 4-7pm thunder lightning past 7 day's.
Tired of the humidity and Fl.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Come to the Dark Side! Come to Illinois. I just watched a small funnel pass about 3 miles to the S/E of my place. Life in the country!!! 😁

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Come to the Dark Side! Come to Illinois. I just watched a small funnel pass about 3 miles to the S/E of my place. Life in the country!!! ��

A girl I work with had a funnel pass right by her house one evening last week and was able to get a picture of it.

We've had 13" of rain in June here. It's the wettest June in, I don't know; a whole bunch of years. Wettest I can remember.

But wet ground means those DEEP targets become more visible to the detectors so I'm not complaining at all.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here, too, Garrett. Constant and consistent. But I'm about ready to cover my machine and myself in Saran Wrap and GO!!!! 😁

dfreeman454

Greenie
Jun 28, 2015
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
G,250. In market for AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's 116 this week in My area, what gets me worried in summer is snakes. I'm so afraid of snakes. I want to get bit to get it over with.

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
LOL I've tried digging in the ground a handful of times and its just not my ball of wax. I'll take any lake and use my handi sand scoop.Plus the eye candy is way better. So for me a long hot summer isawesome.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This makes it fun:

6-20-15 a.m. Delray2.jpg

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL I've tried digging in the ground a handful of times and its just not my ball of wax. I'll take any lake and use my handi sand scoop.Plus the eye candy is way better. So for me a long hot summer isawesome.

Haha, yeah beachcombing would be nice, except I'm in Arizona...digging in the heat is the only option. I hit quite a few beaches in Seattle, but that area is so covered in rocks, even a pick feels pointless. Would be nice if it were 40 degrees cooler right now though :BangHead:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Suffering from fibromyalgia any day you can get up and going is a good to hunt. Just can wait ti get a new detector so I can hunt in the rain. Being medically retired from the military I have a lot of time to be bored. Sun snow rain sleet or wind I'm game. Oh was a mailman in Ohio for 12 years also.

Any detector works in the rain when you place a baggie over the controls.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I try to take all weather in stride, and do the best detecting I can be it in rain,snow,humidity,heat,bugs,critters.I rarely miss a day of some level of detecting. Winter can be long, plenty of time to rest then.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Even in MN, where we rarely get 100 degrees & average 15 days a year at 90+, we still get that very hard ground. Options are lake beaches, volleyball pits & sandboxes. But probably enough to make me stay inside. Hottest weather here July-mid Aug. After that, I hopefully put in more hours. HH, George (MN)

OP
OP
BladeRunner2019

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who was that idiot complaining about hunting in the Summer? Oh yea, it was me. :laughing7:

Dang it was cold today. It was 30 degrees which usually isn't that bad, but the wind was brutal. I think I only lasted about an hour and a half and I had to call it quits.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread