Sandbridge beach with my F2. HELP

jefatk

Dec 6, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Currently staying the week in sandbridge at Virginia beach. I brought my F2 with me
And found a lot of stuff around the house we are staying at. When I took it to the beach
It wouldn't pick up anything. I only used it in the dry sand. It was super quiet and only
Went off a few times in the 1-13 range. Am I doing something wrong or is this detector
Just not gonna work near the ocean? I'm a little puzzled since it worked in the dry sand
Around the house. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Upvote 0

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
put a coin on the sand and see if it picks it up.. May just be nothing there.. spend a couple hours on the beach in Rethought in March and found a dime.. and I did that wit my eyes.. I was using a DFX.. Beach replenishment can cover anything that was there..

OP
OP
J

jefatk

Dec 6, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Doug, it seemed to work better tonight. I think you where right about nothing being there.
Found a few things tonight.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
My F2 works on the beaches in Mississippi, but did nothing but chatter in Gulf Shores making it unusable. If it is just quiet, then there is nothing there. That was the other thing about Gulf Shores; the beaches were extremely clean. I bought a used cz20 while I was there so that I could search the beaches and only found an average of 1 thing an hour. Extremely Clean!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some places are very clean as there are more hunters with detectors these days. Every time someone posts a photo of gold they've found it excites a dude to get a metal detector. At least the newbies are taking the trash with them.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread