BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my Sennheiser HD 580 headphones. Suuuuuper comfy and responsive.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a pair of Gray Ghost Ultimate, they have worked great for me. No slippage here.

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my Sunray Pro Gold and Black widows! Wish I could use my Black Widow headphones on my CTX when I beach hunt. (can but other people can hear my tones too). They totally block out that extra noise better than any headphones I've tried.

There are a lot of good after market headphones out there:thumbsup:

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use Koss "Titanium" KTXPro1. Very light & comfy open hear-thru sound, incredible fidelity ( 15-25,000 Hz, 60 Ohms) in-line vol.control, and a very economical price
under $15 a pair. Really can't be beat.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes but my head I fairly large and they were not comfortable and kind of "buzzy" sounding. I use a pair of Grey Ghost NDT and Bushmasters that sound very good and fit better in my case.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a pair of DetectorPro Black Widows that very much block out ambient sound and have great response (and a volume limiter so you don't blow out your eardrums on a target). Usually I wear a Rattler - also DetectorPro - that is a single earpiece. That way I can keep an ear on what's around me. Also cooler on a hot day than the big, black Black Widows.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Black widows all day long.

OP
OP
kickit

kickit

Mar 18, 2013
southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Etrac, AT Pro, F2, Garrett Propointer
Thanks again for the information...unfortunately I cannot find a dealer who has several different brands that I could actually put on so I guess I will have to make a decision and order a pair before getting to try them.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We use Killer B's and Grey Ghost with the E-Trac. I might get a good year or two out of the B's but we are rough on them and the type of weather can be snow part of the year to the hot 100's now. I have found the end of the cable that connects into the machine is the first thing we have issues with. Been using the Ghost now for seven months. So far so good.

OP
OP
kickit

kickit

Mar 18, 2013
southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Etrac, AT Pro, F2, Garrett Propointer
Thanks "basque-man" do you have a preference in comfort between those two?

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks "basque-man" do you have a preference in comfort between those two?

Both are comfortable but I would lean towards the the B's. I always wear a hat and I really don't notice wearing them. I have found, if we duct tape the ends prior to use, it makes them last much longer. The sound is great on the B's. The ghost takes a little getting use to but are more rugged. We bought the ghost more for the weather/water proof more than anything. Again, though, we are REALLY TOUGH on our headsets. Getting banged around, stretched the cords and such. I bet if I "took care" of them, they would last must longer.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No competition:

DetectorPro Nugget Buster NDTs

Stereo/Mono Switch, Dual Volume Controls, and best of all SPARE CABLE in either 1/4" jack or 1/8" jack.

NUGGETBUSTERS NDT

LOVE THEM!

Mike

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all the comments....has anyone used Killer B's?

Yes, I have Killer B's " Wasp" model. I'm a thin guy with just an average size head and small ears, still they are way to tight....hard to keep my entire ear in the cup....I can't handle the pain more than a couple hours at a time. I began rotation, one ear in and the other cup on the side of my head to find an acceptable level of comfort. Then one toggle switch developed an intermittent short. Now they are in a drawer somewhere. On a scale of 10, I give them a 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread